• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will pay for HTML(5) video in WebView on Android 3.2 Tablet

I need to create a demo app (meaning that it only needs to run locally/offline, and that it only has to work on one specific device) on a Toshiba Thrive Android 3.2 tablet (or a Toshiba Excite Android 4 tablet, if it can't be made to work in A3.2) that's basically a series of HTML pages (which means that it should be easy in a WebKit/WebView or whatever it's called), which I've chosen to do because I'm an experienced HTML coder (and I know nothing about Android app development).

The problem is that I need videos to play in some of the pages -- and not only couldn't I get it work (even with lots of experimentation with various HTML5 video formats), an Android developer I know couldn't make it work. Which means, of course, that it may not be possible. But if it IS possible, I'd be happy to pay someone to do it for me. (I don't want concepts or even code samples, I just want to pay for a demo page that works.)

I don't want to clutter up this note with a detailed spec, which I'd be happy to send upon request (and we can negotiate a price). But in a nutshell, I want to be able to create web pages (HTML, CSS, some JavaScript) that contain nothing more complicated than formatted text, links... and a video player that plays video in some common format (something to which I can convert my current videos). I need to be able to place and size the video window, which needs to have controls to play, pause, and stop the video, and to re-size it to full screen and back.

I need to be able to load up the page you develop in my Eclipse Android SDK environment, and to use it as a template for the other pages I want to develop. That's it! Whaddya think?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones