• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will the EVO still be the best phone on Sprint when the Epic 4g comes out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HTC makes phones and is better at it for that. Samsung makes phones as a part of their overall conglomerate. Trust me, if they don't succeed at getting their intended 20% market share, they will back out and move on to something else. HTC has to succeed because it's their only business.

And not a bad deal for HTC that started up in what 1996 or 1997?

Upvote 0
yes this is very VERY objective. So you know for a fact that the Epic will 100% have a non-working GPS? Just because the other ones do? A) There is a fix for it that works actually quite well, B) If you read on the captivate and vibrant forums, not EVERYONE is having these problems. C) (this is something I don't know much about, but thought I'd share) The CDMA versions of this phone have not been out yet (verizon and sprint), and the fact that they are being released much later, they may have the GPS fix already.

Also, samsung, as said before, is working on a fix.

Common sense? This is the most subjective post I have EVER read. It sounds like a huge fanboy post to me.

I don't post very often, but I think this post is just absurd. I'm still deciding on what phone to get, the EVO or Epic, and I'll decide the Epic comes out.
Lol, you really have no idea do you?
You're saying even though the Euro Galaxy S, the Captivate, the Vibrant all have GPS issues.....that the EPIC won't. I love it.

Because Samsung "said" they were working on a fix? They "Said" they were working on a fix for Samsung Moment users. I DARE you to research how that turned out. Answer- there still isn't a "fix". ROFL.

You have no credibility, no evidence, no proof, just dreams. Sorry!

The "fix" that works "QUITE WELL" for Captivate and Vibrant users???
See, I know what I'm talking about and read the threads of those users on this exact subject. Hell, I actually own and have a TMobile Vibrant right in my hands. Do you?
Basically, you don't have the faintest clue what you're talking about. Read the threads...of peoples responses AFTER your supposed quick and easy fix. You have no clue.

I know for a FACT the EPIC will have GPS issues, because I have freaking common sense. I realize this is lost on a lot of humans, you're included in that bunch. But have a nice day knowing that proof and evidence and what will actually happen is WAY on my side more that your unfounded dreams and make beleive fantasies, lol. All because you don't get it, and have a big mouth.

Upvote 0
I know for a FACT the EPIC will have GPS issues, because I have freaking common sense. I realize this is lost on a lot of humans, you're included in that bunch. But have a nice day knowing that proof and evidence and what will actually happen is WAY on my side more that your unfounded dreams and make beleive fantasies, lol. All because you don't get it, and have a big mouth.

i dont have any thing to add on the GPS issue... I dont have or like samsung.. because of reputation alone. but the EPIC looks like a pretty good option.

Your proof is still not Fact! His is a weaker arrangement, but Yours is not Fact or proven. Using your logic........
2 people walk into your store. One of your items is missing. 1 person is a known thief and has been to jail for stealing; the other has no criminal record. No one saw the item get taken. so.. in your mind.. the thief is automatically the guilty and needs to be taken back to jail.

Reactions: sagedil
Upvote 0
Please explain to me how this is a fact??? I stopped reading after I saw this sentence.

You must be kidding me right? Why are you asking me a silly question. I will assume you are kidding or being sarcastic, because everyone knows most of the galaxy s models are super light weight and some of the thinnest phones around. The evo is thicker and heavier.

I have no idea why you are asking me a question that has an obvious answer. It's like asking me to prove to you that Giselle Bunchum is thinner and weighs less than Kristy Alley. Isn't that obvious? The Galaxy S phones are Giselle, and Evo is Kristie Alley.

Upvote 0
It seems to me that the Epic may be more popular simply because it may be *available* at all! HTC is really dropping the ball on the Evo by not having any in stock. I'm still waiting to find one, and if others are too, they may decide to just go with the Epic, assuming it doesn't experience a similar problem.

Upvote 0
Some interesting benchmarks by laptop magazine.

Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint) - Benchmark Test Results

Again:

Thanks! That stupid 2.1 comparison's irrelevancy in the face of 2.2 has already been laughed out of every thread it's appeared in.

Thanks for demonstrating your unique ability to post something stoopid without reading prior posts.

We have a deal - you only get to discuss facts that you're qualified to handle.

Here's one now - there are 16 ounces in 1 pound.

Upvote 0
i dont have any thing to add on the GPS issue... I dont have or like samsung.. because of reputation alone. but the EPIC looks like a pretty good option.

Your proof is still not Fact! His is a weaker arrangement, but Yours is not Fact or proven. Using your logic........
2 people walk into your store. One of your items is missing. 1 person is a known thief and has been to jail for stealing; the other has no criminal record. No one saw the item get taken. so.. in your mind.. the thief is automatically the guilty and needs to be taken back to jail.

I think his words was a little strong, but he does have some credibility to his statement. Maybe not a fact, but if you add 2 and 2 together, then it's not too hard to understand why he feels so strongly about the GPS issue.

For one thing, the Galaxy series phones, with the exception of a few differences has basically the same components inside. Samsung has already admitted to GPS problems. Though I think this is more hardware, Samsung is working on a "software fix". If you think about it, this is the same song that apple sung when they dealt with their antenna issue.

If you look at the Moment, they've tried to fix some issue with an update with limited success. If I'm not mistaken, some of the issues this update should've fixed was the Airplane mode as well as the GPS issue. Both haven't been fully addressed.

Though I can't say "I know for a fact", I believe that all Galaxy S phones will have the same issues. :)

Upvote 0
You must be kidding me right? Why are you asking me a silly question. I will assume you are kidding or being sarcastic, because everyone knows most of the galaxy s models are super light weight and some of the thinnest phones around. The evo is thicker and heavier.

I have no idea why you are asking me a question that has an obvious answer. It's like asking me to prove to you that Giselle Bunchum is thinner and weighs less than Kristy Alley. Isn't that obvious? The Galaxy S phones are Giselle, and Evo is Kristie Alley.

The Evo is about a millimeter thicker, weighs 3 nickels' worth more, and consumes a teaspoon and a half more volume.

Isn't it obvious you're a crashing uneducated bore doing everything you can to disgust people with the Samsung brand?

Upvote 0
The Evo is about a millimeter thicker, weighs 3 nickels' worth more, and consumes a teaspoon and a half more volume.

Isn't it obvious you're a crashing uneducated bore doing everything you can to disgust people with the Samsung brand?

EXCUSE YOU, DON'T YOU EVER CALL ME UNEDUCTED. YOU crossed the line with me.

Going back and forth on here, and calling me names like troll or whatever you guys do is childish. However, calling me uneducated is highly offensive. Being uneducated, that is one thing I'm not.

From a young age I had a passion and drive to learn. Despite battling many obstacles in life, I managed to attend one of the top universities in the world. Additionaly, I have done research at one of the top research institutions in the world and have been published more than once. My first publication was as an undergraduate, something not too many undergrads can claim. My understanding for science, especially the life sciences, is second nature. Furthermore, I have a deep passion for helping people, giving back to my community, and I volunteer relentlesly. My drive to learn, and to help those in need, has put my life in a path towards medicine.

I have worked way too hard, and spent countless nights through my years studying and educating myself, to stand here passively and have a man who resembles a child molestor from his photo, call me uneducated.

I have no desire to ever read any of your comments or replies, you are truely classless.

One last thing, you should never call someone uneducated. There are far too many intelligent people who have a hunger for education, yet are unable to attain one for various reasons that are out of their control.

Upvote 0
What is the purpose of attacking ones character on a web forum?? we are all intelligent to some degree since we are here on this forum...

we have enough epic vs. evo threads on an EVO forum. there is one thread open that speaks about these two devices so please use that one. if you want more info on the epic, there is a unique forum on this site dedicated to the epic so i suggest one goes there for more info on the epic....

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones