• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you switch to an iPhone?

You don't have to do everything through itunes, that is a myth, to be honest it is pretty easy to use itunes though for 95% of users.

I currently have a bricked SGS not doing me a lot of good so I am seriously thinking that an iPhone would just be easier, the laggyness of the SGS is worth jumping ship for.

I do like the SGS when it is working though.

Pete

Yeah, but I run linux and so I can't even download iTunes. I've used it in the past and I HATE it.
An Android phone is like a free-standing independent computer that isn't reliant on a home OS to do simple things. I can't imagine why anyone would want this.

For example: I have a folder on my internal sd card for ringtones and notification tones etc. I can put whatever I want in that folder and VOILA it shows up in the options for assigning ringtones.
With iOS I can't even view or modify or handle in any way a single file or folder EVER (let alone customize ringtones). All I can do it sync music files and apps through iTunes.
...are you kidding me...

p.s. and yes, I know you can add and remove apps on the phone directly. So one point for Apple on the PRO, but still so many many CONS.

Upvote 0
Yeah, but I run linux and so I can't even download iTunes. I've used it in the past and I HATE it.
An Android phone is like a free-standing independent computer that isn't reliant on a home OS to do simple things. I can't imagine why anyone would want this.

For example: I have a folder on my internal sd card for ringtones and notification tones etc. I can put whatever I want in that folder and VOILA it shows up in the options for assigning ringtones.
With iOS I can't even view or modify or handle in any way a single file or folder EVER (let alone customize ringtones). All I can do it sync music files and apps through iTunes.
...are you kidding me...

p.s. and yes, I know you can add and remove apps on the phone directly. So one point for Apple on the PRO, but still so many many CONS.

What??? I must be mis-understanding this.
android does this too... what is the difference?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones