• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wssyncmlnps won't stop syncing messages!

Farseen

Jul 28, 2013
Toronto
Hey All,

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 I337M.

I first used 'SmartSwitch' to transfer all my iPhone data, and then have been using Kies to manage music (and photos I suppose).

My messaging app has been real sluggish and crashes like 30% of the time. I checked my notifications panel and it says my phone is syncing 'Messages'. I also notice my text message list is forever expanding, so I assume it's grabbing all my old conversations from my old iPhone backup.

Upon further investigation I notice it's the service 'wssyncmlnps'. I can stop it, but when I reboot it appears again and down goes my Messaging app. Super sluggish again.

Any insight? I could delete the service if it's not needed for anything, but I'm not sure?

Thanks!

Did you ever end up sorting it out? I have just encountered the EXACT same issue coming from an iPhone and using Smart switch, this is SO damn annoying. It always gets stuck on 50% and when I delete the ridiculously old messages it just automatically re-syncs them, I don't even know how or where is re-syncs them from!!!

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to permanently delete this old messages and stop it from re-syncing them!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones