1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

wssyncmlnps won't stop syncing messages!Support

1. Farseen

Farseen Member

Hey All,

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 I337M.

I first used 'SmartSwitch' to transfer all my iPhone data, and then have been using Kies to manage music (and photos I suppose).

My messaging app has been real sluggish and crashes like 30% of the time. I checked my notifications panel and it says my phone is syncing 'Messages'. I also notice my text message list is forever expanding, so I assume it's grabbing all my old conversations from my old iPhone backup.

Upon further investigation I notice it's the service 'wssyncmlnps'. I can stop it, but when I reboot it appears again and down goes my Messaging app. Super sluggish again.

Any insight? I could delete the service if it's not needed for anything, but I'm not sure?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. krdell

krdell Member

Did you ever resolve this, I having the same problem with an unrooted phone!
  3. Farseen

Farseen Member

Nooe! Just freezed it using Titanium Backup. :(
  4. Dogga85

Dogga85 New Member

Did you ever end up sorting it out? I have just encountered the EXACT same issue coming from an iPhone and using Smart switch, this is SO damn annoying. It always gets stuck on 50% and when I delete the ridiculously old messages it just automatically re-syncs them, I don't even know how or where is re-syncs them from!!!

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to permanently delete this old messages and stop it from re-syncing them!