• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xbox live using easy tether lite

jay2thab

May 31, 2010
So currently I am addicted to COD MW2. I am using the ethernet cable and my connection is from router to the system. I am wanting to cancel my ISP....so my question is how do I set it up using my evo and a usb connection...i can root just no real desire to do so and I am not against paying for the app if it will work for me. do I just plug in my evo via usb and work with the internet settings on the system...has any one done this with real success?

Sorry, USB tethering only works on computers, not consoles. If you turn the Evo into a wireless hotspot then you can get online with the Xbox. You get a wireless hotspot either by paying $30/month to sprint, rooting your phone, or waiting for the Android 2.2 update (which sprint may or may not disable anyway).

You could also use a computer as a network bridge, but that's a bit more complicated.

Also note that running off 3G or 4G will give you very high ping, as low as 100 ping on a good 4G connection, or over 1000 ping (one second) on 3G. This may not be good for your in-game score. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones