yahoo mail

Last Updated:

1. deepsouth06

deepsouth06 Active Member This Topic's Starter

is anyone having issues with yahoo. i cant seem to retrieve my mail from their servers.

Advertisement
  2. doanius

doanius Active Member

me too, says login failure.

3. vwvapor

vwvapor Well-Known Member

Is your WiFi on? Retrieve for yahoo only works if WiFi is off.

Xandria likes this.
  4. Omniscient

Omniscient Member

1. Try turning you phone off and turning it back on.

> if that doesnt work then try

2. Take the battery out for about 3-5 seconds and then turn the phone back on.

The problem should solve it

5. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

Mine works with WiFi on.

6. doanius

doanius Active Member

mine works now. my wifi was on. thanks guys!:cool:

7. Omniscient

Omniscient Member

Hmm well that is interesting, mine works without having to be on wifi

8. rckozma

rckozma Well-Known Member

Mine also works with or without the wifi turned on, I have 2 yahoo accounts, 1 aol account, and 1 exchange (outlook). I did have to do a prl update and a profile update to get them to work, and also to get the exchange sync to work.

9. Signal Hill

Signal Hill Member

I wasn't able to login to either of my yahoo accounts today but once I turned off wifi it worked fine. Go figure. Does anyone know what I need to change in settings so that email is deleted in my account when I delete it on my phone?

10. phone*guy

phone*guy Well-Known Member

My personal EM is through Yahoo...When I first set it up, it was working fine...But it stopped working the other day. My work mail is via Exchange and no problems at all. I cant dump the Yahoo EM...Our ISP contracts with them for EM hosting. Sucks...

11. mustang5o

mustang5o Well-Known Member

How do you setup yahoo email on the Hero? Thanks for any help.

12. doanius

doanius Active Member

1. from the home screen, click the arrow up, (left hand icon next to the phone icon)
    2. find the Mail application and launch it
    3. click menu
    4. click more
    5. click new account
    6. follow instructions on screen.

Cheers.

Xandria likes this.
  13. Godfather13

Godfather13 Well-Known Member

Mine said the same thing this morning. I just turned my phone off and then back on and it worked fine after that. Ive never needed wifi on to get yahoo mail.

14. mustang5o

Oh I thought there was something special that needed to be done with yahoo. Guess that's what I get for thinking :D.

15. mustang5o

Hmm, didn't want to work. I forgot that mine is actually an old rocketmail.com account. Yahoo bought them out. Anyone know if rocketmail.com works? Is it POP, IMAP or what?

16. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

There's a glitch that will reset the Yahoo e-mail accounts to IMAP, but it needs to be POP. The glitch happens when trying to retrieve e-mail via WiFi access. It works fine otherwise.

Just turn off WiFi and setup the Yahoo account, change setting to retrieve mail manually, no set frequency. Whoola, it will works at least until they fix it or a workaround is out. If you attempt to set up the Yahoo Mail with WiFi on, it will not work.

Tell you the truth, my phone signal is well enough, even at home, I rarely turn on the WiFi... but if you use it, just remember to turn it off prior to checking the Yahoo Mail. You can do that easily too by creating a shortcut to the Wifi widget.

(Hero: Long-press screen, shortcut, HTC Widgets, Settings, Wifi)

Happy Trails...

17. alex737

alex737 Member

I believe you need a Yahoo Plus inorder to check via WiFi. I have one Yahoo acct, with AT&T DSL, that gives me Plus free. That one works fine. The other, I do not pay for Plus and can not set up or check when the WiFi is on

18. doanius

doanius Active Member

just create a new yahoo or gmail account. won't cost you a dime..out with the old in with the new...

19. mustang5o

I have gmail setup and that is what I use with most people now. However, I get a lot of stuff in the old rocketmail account. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to check it in the browser.

20. veggiess

veggiess Member

On my Instinct, rocketmail worked just like the regular Yahoo and I had no problems. On the Hero, I haven't been able to get rocketmail to work. Not sure why. My regular Yahoo account works fine.

21. troyboytn

troyboytn Well-Known Member

I tried multiple times to det up yahoo, worked for a while, then quit. Read on another thread to go into you yahoo account settings and change preference to yahoo asia. I tried this and it has worked perfectly ever since as a pop account and can access using wifi. The reason for this is that yahoo asia does not require payment for yahoo mail plus and includes forwarding thorough pop. Also, dont worry, as long as you dont change your location, everything is still the same and in English.

22. gregbridwell

gregbridwell Well-Known Member

Just set up your gmail account to "Fetch" your yahoo email. It will even allow you to send an email and make it appear to come from your yahoo address. I haven't had to reenter my password yet and its been about 5 days. I used to have to reconfigure or log in to yahoo on a PC once sometimes twice a day to get my email to pick back up again on the Droid.

1) Log in to Gmail
    2) Select settings from the top right of the page
    3) Select accounts and import
    4) Add POP settings under "Check mail using POP3:"
    5) Choose your default email after settup under the same settings section in "Send Mail As:" section. You can make your Yahoo your default account and even select to send your emails as your Yahoo identity. You can even have it set up so that when you reply to an email it replies using whatever email of yours the original message was sent to...it's a pretty nice workaround.

23. mustang5o

Sounded like this was going to be the answer but it's still not working for rocketmail. Either that or you can only do it with Yahoo mail plus?

24. esoteric1311

esoteric1311 Member

SEVEN! push email app that supports yahoo, hotmail, gmail, and others. Not sure about rocketfish, but its worth a shot.

on your phones browser go to :

community.seven.com

choose htc and choose the magic or g1

works really well.

25. gregbridwell

gregbridwell Well-Known Member

I've used SEVEN on my last 3 phones. It is a nice program as well. The GMail Fetch is working for me or SEVEN is where I'd be heading next.