• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

YouTube wireless network issue (begging for help).

JBo796

Lurker
Jan 29, 2012
When attempting to use the YouTube app on either of our android tablets or phones we receive the following message on any video we try to play "connection to server lost. Touch to retry".

This issue occurred completely out of the blue and we have never had issues with it before. If I connect to my phones mobile hotspots, it works fine. There is obviously an issue with my wireless router at home, but I do not know what. Also, YouTube videos are the only thing that has an issue. The site itself loads fine and the issue is only occurring on mobile devices.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am not getting any results from Google on this (at least none I understand).

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I assume that you have restarted the router and any modem associated with connection to the internet.
The only thing that fits well is that someone has messed with your router configuration and blocked youtube. Go in as admin and check that there is no site blocking.
Just guessing....
John

Yes. I have been trying to get this to work for a week and FINALLY found an answer. Hopefully anyone with the same issue stumbles upon this thread. The resolution is in the link below. It ended up being an issue with my Sprint Airave.

Sprint Community: Watching YouTube Over Wireless on Airave Won't Work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones