• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZV6 V.5 Stock Mod - Debloated - No Gapps

Interesting note, I switched to ART and it's running fine, but all my panel icons reverted to the original stock icons. Still have the new status bar icons though.

Also, I was playing with some build.prop tweaks and setting the low RAM flag makes the status bar icons all low res and poopy looking, lol.

Not expecting you to do anything, but the panel icon change I thought was interesting.

Upvote 0
I have not forgotten you guys. Really polishing off the final. Want it to look good and be right. Recreating weather altogether for the original weather...not the trans or semi trans... plus got a good start on changing framework and lge res elements as you can see in screens below,will hopefully have it done in days.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-14-17-30-33.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-14-17-30-33.png
    304.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_2016-01-14-09-13-09.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-14-09-13-09.png
    285.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_2016-01-14-17-37-31.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-14-17-37-31.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0
Hello First TY for all your work very nice job you did here every thing is working great except my 4G LTE. I did install gapps-arm-4.4-pico-20160116 i dont know if that has any ting to do with it or am I missing some thing? also under wireless & networks/mobile networks when opening connections Optimizer it says com.android.phone stopped

Last edited:
Upvote 0
not sure what happened but this rom just ate my internal and external sd lmao. hink i had a bad file transfer by music >.<

what exactly happened? I've had a number of apps and devices over time just get weird with my storage. one does it now in particular...Opera browser. I can download something, finish the download, close the browser.... and nothing on my storage...no download to be found. weird. made me go back to stock.

Upvote 0
Alright so I'm running this ROM and I got it earlier in its stages and it reboots and closes my Pandora along with really laggy wait time when trying to close apps and using the keyboard. When I press the keyboard nothing happens or it keeps going away. Is there another update to this rom?
What keyboard are you using, did you do a clean flash?

Upvote 0
I always do a clean install by cleaning everything but external andbim using the keyboard that came with it. And is there any issues with data because I use my hotspot to do homework when I'm not at home.
It's all original. Just stripped down (1gb to 600mb) and themed to make it aesthetically pleasing to the consumer.

Upvote 0
and all stock just theming is not a fair or true description,there is a lot in this rom not in stock. advanced reboot menu,splitview,dual window and slide aside,built in clock mod to center status bar,built mod for quicksettings animations,adreno mod by hashbrown,custom built in boot animation right in franework which reduced ram consumption by two megs with a better then stock boot screen,full use of lockscreen effects not found in stock,more font options not found in stock,reduced height of dock icons in stock launcher. and that's just a few things i can recall off the top of my head. much has been done. along with the theming of course.

Upvote 0
and all stock just theming is not a fair or true description,there is a lot in this rom not in stock. advanced reboot menu,splitview,dual window and slide aside,built in clock mod to center status bar,built mod for quicksettings animations,adreno mod by hashbrown,custom built in boot animation right in franework which reduced ram consumption by two megs with a better then stock boot screen,full use of lockscreen effects not found in stock,more font options not found in stock,reduced height of dock icons in stock launcher. and that's just a few things i can recall off the top of my head. much has been done. along with the theming of course.
I flashed this on my girls volt last night, I really like the look and the goodies you added. So much easier than trying to track it all down after. The only thing I added after was viperFX for her and she's happy. Great job @Curtis1973, when I fix the screen on my volt this will be my go to once it is resurrected. Thanks again man

Upvote 0
you can turn off the volume slider in volt tweaks,aka g2 tweaks.

Screenshot_2016-01-18-12-12-35.png

as for the coloring and blink speeds. i do recall seeing some bools related to that on settings apk. will see if there is a way to add something there. currently trying to reactivate removed/hidden lock screen features..

so far ive gotten pick me feature working for lockscreen shortcuts...almost working weather animations and touch to unlock feature...buggy the last two though..

Screenshot_2016-01-18-12-15-42.png Screenshot_2016-01-18-12-15-48.png Screenshot_2016-01-18-12-15-55.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones