• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 People Application Problem

drtjumper2

Lurker
May 18, 2010
Just received the 2.1 OTA update a couple nights ago. Ever since that time my People application force closes every time I try and view my contacts or select a contact to call from the list. When I select ANY contact within the application I receive the message "the application People (process com.android.people.htccontacts) has quit unexpectedly" and the application force closes. I have tried removing my facebook account from the "Accounts and Sync" menu as well as deleting my downloaded applications but nothing seems to work. I also turned the phone off, removed the battery, and restarted. Again, nothing. It is very annoying not being able to access any of my contact information!!!

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I have searched multiple forums and support websites but have been unable to find a solution to this problem. Thank you!!!!

Just received the 2.1 OTA update a couple nights ago. Ever since that time my People application force closes every time I try and view my contacts or select a contact to call from the list. When I select ANY contact within the application I receive the message "the application People (process com.android.people.htccontacts) has quit unexpectedly" and the application force closes. I have tried removing my facebook account from the "Accounts and Sync" menu as well as deleting my downloaded applications but nothing seems to work. I also turned the phone off, removed the battery, and restarted. Again, nothing. It is very annoying not being able to access any of my contact information!!!

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I have searched multiple forums and support websites but have been unable to find a solution to this problem. Thank you!!!!

Seems like I've been suggesting this a lot today, but worth a shot it seems to be doing many people good. Just make sure to read the posts about backing up. It just could be that simple. Good luck.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/80233-factory-data-reset-option.html

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/41385-how-backup-your-htc-eris.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones