• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.2 Alarm Clock

Exiled

Android Enthusiast
Jun 27, 2010
CA
So I never used the alarm before (in 2.1 or 2.2) so I apologize if this is just me being stupid...

I was using the stock alarm clock in 2.2 for the first time this morning. But when the alarm went off, there was no sound, only vibration (fortunately the sound of the vibration on the table was enough to wake me up!). The first issue is that there was no ringtone sound even though the volume was on and a ringtone was set. Then next issue is that when I went to slide the slider to dismiss the alarm, it didn't do anything. The phone kept vibrating madly and the phone was fully functional. When I went to open the alarm panel again (through the app drawer, cause it was no longer a status icon), it said the alarm was off, even though the phone kept vibrating. The only way I could get the darn thing to stop vibrating was to turn the phone completely off then back on.

Am I missing something here? I would think this is a bug with my 2.2, but since I have no experience with the alarm, maybe someone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

I'm having a similar issue. I use 2 alarms daily and both go to snoozed status when I slide to supposedly dismiss them.

edit (Hope this is taken as constructive addition as opposed to hijacking)

Haha no problem. :) Better than having too many cluttered new threads.

Have you tried changing what the slider does under the settings? You can slide to dismiss, snooze, or do nothing. Maybe its more complicated than that? meh, i thought I'd try anyway :)

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue with the stock alarm as well as Alarm Clock v2.2. The sound is SOO quiet, despite having the volume turned all the way up. I was late to morning because of this. A similar and perhaps related issue is a bug within the stock 2.1 software where my phone no longer rings for incoming calls and vibrates only, even when I have silent mode turned off. These 2 issues have been extremely frustrating and I'm very upset about them. I've posted on several other forums but have not had any luck finding a fix yet.

Upvote 0
I use the stock alarm with mulitple alarms its worked pretty good. When you go into the alarms tap on the alarm you want to edit or change. Or click the first hardware button to add alarm. The sound works even with my phone on vibrate.

Make sure the turn alarm is checked
Tap on the time to change the time
Tap sound and choose a ringtone, sound, video or vibrate only <you can have different alarm sounds for each alarm, one of mine is a rooster :)>
I have vibrate set to on <up to you how you want it>
The repeat option gives you the day of the week to turn alarm on <you have it go off every week day morning at 6am if you want>
Volume option I have unchecked this due to issues in the past, when the alarm didnt go off, or the volume was too low
I also have the back up alarm off

For the snooze I just tap the screen on the phone and it snoozes for 5 minutes
The slider turns it off

try these settings as see if it works.

Jayme

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones