• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC are taking the matter very seriously and are in the process of escalating the issue as they were unable to resolve the problem by performing a full 'crowbar' reset and a few other things. They appeared very concerned for what it is worth!

I have just updated and followed the links to the "latest news summary" in the News section of BBC Mobile. Tried it via 'movies' and 'streaming video player' and I have no issues...

Upvote 0
Installed fine

Wi-Fi fine

Iplayer Fine

Flash on all websites fine but on BBC news it does indeed crash the browser but then it always did (have plugins on demand anyway so not a problem).

Seems like the different hardware versions are causing varying results. My internet explorer has never crashed prior to this update and I regularly watched the bbc news videos.

Upvote 0
Please notice -

We tend to prefer technical threads to contain one topic - in this case, 2.29.405.2 for the Desire.

Per the policies in my sig, there's no need for people to police each other or to top the people policing each other.

Quite simply, that creates a second topic that when you stand back and look at it is just noise against the stated topic.

If someone is new or off-base or not understanding a topic, a simple explanation is all that's required.

Behavior here has resulted in multiple Mods paying attention to a thread that should really take about zero Mods.

If there are questions for me or this, freely PM me, do not post it here.

Otherwise, enjoy your thread, keep it cool, and be excellent to one another because updating is frustrating enough for all users - no need to add extra.

Cheers.

Reactions: alekos and Lmkt
Upvote 0
Mine just hangs on the triangle and android. Have to reboot and nothing installed.

I'm having the same problem, when I hit the power button it shows ClockworkMod Recovery and says -

ClockworkMod Recovery
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Can anyone help?

Upvote 0
i had the same issue with wifi following the 2.29.405.2 update, but a simple reboot of my wifi router resolved it.

hope that doesn't sound patronising, i was faffing about doing other things for an hour before i thought to try it!

flash seems fine too, i just tested the bbc news player and it's working great.

ps: there wasn't evidently any issue with my router before i reset it, other than connection to the desire. the laptop was still still connected fine; probably why i didn't think of it at first.

Upvote 0
Updated about an hour ago. Wi-Fi OK, BBC videos playing OK, have not spotted anything except...

I have the paid veriosn of LauncherPro installed - allows you to resize widgets. A couple of my widgets that looked fine before the update, now have text and graphics 'spilling over' the edge of the widget background (AccuWeather widget is most noticable).

Has there been some change to resolution, graphics or similar???

Upvote 0
Applying the update. I really hope I'll have more luck than with my Hero :/

EDIT: Well, my Desire congratulated me and said it had updated itself to 2.29.405.2. After unpacking something :D it loaded the system.

Sit-wrap:

- no Wi-Fi issues.
- no app issues.

Basically, nothing new. A slight performance upgrade is visible, too.

Upvote 0
If you're rooted, you can't install the update. If you want the OTA version, you need to RUU your phone back to stock before getting it.

I grabbed the RUU from here for the current version Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!.

If you're wanting to do this, you need to backup everything as RUU does wipe your phone.

Not true - I've sussed it.

Whoever has ClockworkMod or a rooted desire
Download the update but dont install it
Run Recovery
Choose install zip
Browse to download folder and select zip

It does not over write but I performed a nandroid just to be safe.

All working except WIFI but looking for answer.

Reactions: Aunty Christ
Upvote 0
BBC News vids stopped working on mine too - iplayer is fine, it's just the videos embedded on the news pages. It causes the browser to freeze and I have to restart the whole phone to get it working again, very annoying. Wish I'd not updated...

I did a factory reset and have noticed that my browser is now freezing, very annoying

Andrew

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones