• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3.21 update downloaded fine..broke wifi, Help!!!

Hi everybody,

(noob entering room) I just got the 3.21 update and it broke my wifi. I had excellent use and strength throughout my house and now it shows the strength but wont let browser, market, etc connect throught it. my tab will wifi tether to my galaxy 4g phone.

I want to either go back or get a fix on my wifi. i did the tab reset, wifi reset, and forum searches please help.

I wasn't rooted, but if I have to root...then fine, just want the ability to walk from corner to corner of house and use tab again.

Thanks for any help.

So, are you actually picking up an IP address from your router? Do you have anything like Fing on your tab to scan your local IP net?

If you download Fing you can scan your local subnet, ping and perform a couple more diagnostics.

BUT first you need to ensure you have an IP address from your router. You can flush the DHCP server on your router by reseting it and letting the tab reaquire the address.

Good luck!

Reactions: MostElectrifyi
Upvote 0
I might sugest what worked when the update fried my wifi. I had tried all the others and I found this one one the XDA site, and it worked... As you are connecting ( as in obtaining IP address) hit the reset. tThe one in the little hole on the right side of the tab. The update hangs on the IP address that you used for the update and won't allow you to get a new IP. The reset trick kills the hang and lest you obtain a new one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones