• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3 huge problems with the Captivate

I hope I'm the only person with these problems unsolved, because I'm sure a lot of people would hate this phone for these problems :mad:

1. Wifi automatically shutting off. I have to re-connect to my router every freaking time I use my phone. It's really annoying. I know its not my router because I would test the connection with my laptop which connects to the internet wireless without a hick up. This is the largest problem I have with this phone.

2. "Cannon download. The content is not supported on this phone." I get this almost everytime I download something, whether it be a txt, a doc, or a pdf. This sucks big time... Even my old media phone downloaded files with ease. I tried using Astro to 'force download' everything - no dice. There are a lot of documents my professors upload on the internet that I would love to download, but can't do so easily because of this error. I even tried a different browser - dolphin and that didn't resolve the issue.

3. GPS. Not consistent. Everyone seems to know that.

Great phone, but these problems really stand out

For the wifi issue, try this if you haven't already. Go to the setting page and then the wifi settings page. Press the menu touch button, click advanced, click wifi sleep policy and then click never.

For the document issue, you should be able to open these by default although I never have. Try installing quick office of captivate and then adobe reader. I can open and view documents and pdfs easily and view them smoothly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones