• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3 issues while trying out new device

DiaborMagics

Lurker
Jul 28, 2018
Hello everyone!

I just got this tablet yesterday and I already have some things I cannot figure out and have problems with. I do not consider myself bad with tech, but I don't know, maybe I'm too stuck with the mindset I had when using my previous old tablet, the Samsung galaxy tab 2 7 inch.

Perhaps someone can help me.

Problem 1, the most important thing. The navigation bar with back, home, etc. When I go into landscape mode, it sticks to the right. I'm used to it moving to the bottom. I turn my screen counter clockwise, so that the volume and power buttons are located at the top and the physical button on the right. It makes no sense for me to turn it the other way, as then the volume and everything would be at the bottom.
I understand that the physical button cannot move, but can't a virtual one appear left or at the bottom? I'm a lefty, I hold the tablet with my right hand and using the buttons on the right is a huge pain because of it.

Added to that, the back and apps button don't light up, ever. I often end up tapping the wrong area or button. Even more hassle.

Problem 2, I have a problem with setting my wallpaper. If I ignore straight up, normal view, then landscape looks great, but if I move the image to suit my preferences, the landscape gets messed up. I set it from my files menu. If I hold the home screen and try to change the background, it doesn't show all of the images in the folder I choose and of course, the exact one does not get shown.
https://imgur.com/a/E87tUhS
I would certainly not hope for having to use a third party app just for a simple wallpaper....

Problem 3, I have played the Pokémon trading card game twice now and the first time I could not swipe from the top of my screen downwards to reveal my... How do you call it, notification center? Where notifications and some settings are listed.
But the second time when playing it did work. I'm wondering why it didn't work the first time, as it might come back. I was playing in landscape mode.

I hope someone can help me with these issues, because it's put quite a damper on my excitement... Or however you say that :(

Thanks in advance,

DiaborMagics

Ps Sorry if this was written in a confusing way. It's past midnight. I'm quite sleepy. Good night!

Hello, one thing u can try is setting the tablet to its default setting, also the when changing the wall paper or your screen picture, try to make the picture the same size as the ones the tablet comes with, for example, if the pictures that come with the tablet with are 1200x1500 (width and length) try to make the picture that u want to set up as a backround picture match that same length and width as the photos the tablet comes with, use the picture editor thats already installed on the device, try to resize your photo that you want to use

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones