• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3g to 4g toggle issues

breacherman

Lurker
Jul 25, 2011
Anyone else have issues with getting 4g to come back up after having 3g acvtivated?

In short, before there was the option added in settings to toggle the 2, and that app that allowed you to do it as well, I never even saw 3g on my phone. I got 4g everywhere in my area.

When I installed the app, when i would toggle 4g back on, there would always be a delay of a couple mins before 4g would come back up.

A short time later, it got worse. It must have been several weeks where I didnt even see 4g come up after I would toggle it back on.

I uninstalled teh app when I found out about the option in settings that was added.

Still getting about the same results. When toggeling 4g back on, it jsut wont come back up. I had to wait till the next day for it to come back up the other day. Yesterday, I didnt even have 3g turned on, and the entire day all I was getting was 3g.
And remember, this is the same area where I used to get nothing but 4g in....

This is getting very frustrating

Make sure your OS is up to date. When the phone first came out, it definitely had a ton of trouble with this, but they released a patch that helped a lot.

Also, rather than turning 4g on and off in Settings, try this: open your phone pad, and type in *#*#4636#*#* you should get a menu that pops up, the top option i believe is "phone settings", go in to here to change your 3g/4g options. This is the "back door" to the carrier settings.

Unfortunately, this phone does have that problem. You could always try loading a custom ROM as well.

Reactions: breacherman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones