• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4G Antenna

I still am not able to connect to 4G (because it still not here). Lately, the antenna has been turning on itself and I do not understand why.

Anyone else experience this or have a solution to fix it?

Thanks!

What ROM are you running.....Also download wimax checker from the market. It's free and will tell you whether your wimax keys are still present or not.

Upvote 0
If by asking what ROM I am using, I am using a non-rooted phone. What will said "WIMAX Checker" do to prevent my 4G turning on by itself?

Its either something you installed on the phone that is doing it app wise. Delete apps 1 by 1 until the problem goes away. If not, then do a factory reset on the device.

Not unless you are confusing the 4G symbols in the notification bar. If you don't have 4G, how do you know its turning on by itself and do you have the 4G box unchecked under your settings?

Upvote 0
Its either something you installed on the phone that is doing it app wise. Delete apps 1 by 1 until the problem goes away. If not, then do a factory reset on the device.

Not unless you are confusing the 4G symbols in the notification bar. If you don't have 4G, how do you know its turning on by itself and do you have the 4G box unchecked under your settings?

The reason I know it was turning on by itself is because I would shut it off and put the phone in my holster then a little bit later I would notice it was on.

Not sure what was causing it but it hasn't happened in a few days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones