• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [6-22] Froyo Kangerade V1.1 - 10% Battery, GUI for scripts, All a2sd option, 7 Themes

WiFi broke and `Scanning..` again constantly :(

v1.0 of this after about a week started telling me apps were not installed when clearly they were and reboot, fix permissions did not help. Went back to BB and then saw this and promptly wiped data/cache and placed v1.1 but no WiFi /cry

[Edit] This is for the Cyan one so maybe I'll grab another color and see if they all are for me. Also I'll wipe and reflash again to see if it's anything with the phone but I'm thinking the 3rd time won't prove positive as well :(

Upvote 0
OK Blue theme worked WiFi out of the box and so I tried Cyan again and it was constantly scanning.. Also the keyboard on Cyan has some fine lines in the middle of each keypress illumination.

I wiped a few more times and put Cyan on and now, at least now, it's working with WiFi again.. Maybe I could try some more testing but I know for a fact it wasn't.

It's the Froyo Bewitching hour? lol..

Upvote 0
So i guess by no response to my question, WIFI is still broken. No Need to upgrade till this is fixed.

I'm having mixed results with this 1.1 ROM on WiFi..

I initially started with the Cyan which looped `Scanning..` constantly with or without encryption, fixed IP or DHCP; tried em all.

Downloaded the Blue as I had prior and wham-bam WiFi instantly after entering my WP2 key and worked fixed IP or DHCP.

Decided to go back to Cyan and while it didn't work the intial bootup a reboot got it working and yet again another reboot has it locked into `Scanning..`

It seems to be a crapshoot for me as 1.0 was an instant connection and I never did have problems with WiFi on 1.0. This one.. is.. weird all of a sudden.

Sorry mate, one of those pay to play adventures. Backup full and try it and if not easily recovered, no?

Upvote 0
I upgraded to the 1.1 and was having serious performance issues and reboots. I also dont like the new application interface and i lost my multiple window viewer when hitting the home button. I also noticed an extreme loss of performance after the upgrade.

I downgraded back to 1.0 and i plan on staying there unless Jrummy comes out with a V1 interface with the 1.1 features.

All that said though, i love 1.0. Best rom i've ever had and fast

Upvote 0
I upgraded to the 1.1 and was having serious performance issues and reboots. I also dont like the new application interface and i lost my multiple window viewer when hitting the home button. I also noticed an extreme loss of performance after the upgrade.

I downgraded back to 1.0 and i plan on staying there unless Jrummy comes out with a V1 interface with the 1.1 features.

All that said though, i love 1.0. Best rom i've ever had and fast

Well everything but the reboots is the launcher and has nothing to do with the ROM...

Upvote 0
I Was having problems too originally. I downloaded the Rom and dropped it in my SD card, so i did not get it from the Rom Manager. I Wiped Cache in the recovery console but not data... I Was having issues with response time and 3G Coverage as well... i Decided to hit it with a kernel from the rom manager and click the " Wipe Data and Cache".. i did this and installed Chevys 250-1250 Kernel ( I was using P3's same speeds) anyways after reboot and my 25 apps being restored this thing is running perfectly.

Upvote 0
This thing MURDERED my battery... i have been using Kangerades V1.0 and i am very happy with that one... i noticed it was at 70% at about 9 this morning so i thought ... alright lets try one of those Chevy kernels to see if that helps.... i through on the 250-1250 and set the max at 1000.... i looked at it around 11 and it was at 30%... mind you i wasnt doing anything this morning... just 15 1 min phone calls maybe.... anyways i through V1.0 back on at 5pm after i charged it to 60% and its sitting at 60% right now.... anyone else?

Upvote 0
Third day with this build. Battery use is partially an issue. I had to put it on the charger at 8 pm. Under Verizons 2.1 I was going untill 10:pm. Not a issue.

The real issue is I can not get data connections to Verizon. Will not work even if I turn on the data connections. SERIOUS PROBLEM HERE! :( And also the Google Listen issue.

The only way I can get data is to connect to a WiFi network. no issue when I am at home or at work. But when I am out I can not Geocache anymore or get weather updates etc

Cant wait to try the Verizon Froyo in Late July but do not want to loose root.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones