• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 64GB MicroSD for Sony Xperia Z1C

Do you have a USB OTG adapter cable for the phone. Fastest easiest way, hook a card reader to the OTG, put the new SD in it, and copy everything one to the other using a file browser. You can use a PC as well, and use that to copy from one SD to the other, again with a card reader. That's what I did when I changed to a new larger SD.
Good idea, I'm not sure if my phone which is the Z1C will support the on the go USB adapter cable as it isn't showing in the compatible list.

I normally place the card via a laptop and use the browser copy and paste function.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I would like help in picking the fastest and reliable data transfer

Ensure the card is rated UHS-1 at a minimum.

also is it best to pick a Sony brand of card?

Nope, any recognised brand e.g. SanDisk, Kingston, PNY, Transcend, Samsung etc should work just fine. It's much more important to be sure you're buying what you're paying for, so avoid anonymous internet retailers and/or prices that seem too good to be true. There's a huge market in counterfeit memory cards online and you've no way of telling you have a fake until it's in your hands, by which time it's usually too late.

I'm not sure if my phone which is the Z1C will support the on the go USB adapter cable as it isn't showing in the compatible list.

All the Z-Series support OTG (USB Host Mode). In the latest Android 6.x firmware, once you've connected the card reader go to Settings/Device connection/USB Connectivity and select "Detect USB device". It should then show up in Settings/Storage.

Reactions: pm5544
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones