• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A couple of Fascinating issues

Agapens

May 11, 2010
Well, I wasn't really in the market for a new phone, but I saw these at verizon yesterday and the BOGO free offer just pushed into the dark side.

I'm coming off a rooted Droid Eris, to give you a little perspective. There are a few things it did that I had no idea that were unique to HTC Sense. The switch has been ok though, just missing a few features.

Here's our first issue: My sister didn't have a gmail account prior to activating her phone. They set her up with one and downloaded all the contacts off of her old phone. Everything was there. We left the store and an hour later every single contact was gone. I assumed she did something, but wasn't able to figure it out. We returned to a different Verizon store and they once again downloaded the contacts off her old phone. I asked the gentleman to be sure they were being backup-ed correctly and he assured me they were. Well, they were gone within the hour. This is very frustrating. Should I be using an app from the marketplace to back these up and bypass the system in place?

My second issue, and its minor: The camera takes pretty good pictures, but it doesn't seem auto-correct the orientation like my Eris did. Even if I rotate the image in the gallery, that same image will be uploaded sideways to facebook or text messages. Its SUPER annoying and seems like it shouldn't be an issue. Any fix? I haven't seen anyone else mentioning this.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones