1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

a couple of questions...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adam_hilluk, Aug 2, 2010.

1. adam_hilluk

adam_hilluk Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Solihull, UK
    I used to have an HTC Hero and have switched to Desire a few weeks ago.

On my Hero i had different sounds set up for my text messages and my e-mails. For some reason i just can't figure out how to do it on Desire and i really hope that you can have seperate sounds. Any help would be really appreciated. <THE MAIN ISSUE>

The second thing is that to save pictures off the internet i know that you longpress and get the options. However with google images not for some reason you can't do that :(
    The alternatives i've found are to either do the usual longpress options on either the small thumbnail in google search, but that gives a rubbish little pic =/
    OR
    open the image and then follow link to original page it is from, then save from there.

But both of these are a bit of a faff. So although its not a big issue i'd like to know if there is a way to save from the individual pictures if you know what i mean.

Thanks in advance

Just another thing i've thought of... because i have an orange branded Desire my music player has a rubbish link to orange music world or something by the play, and skip track buttons...
    any way to get rid?

Advertisement

2. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    standup comedian
    NL
    in the message / email app go to:

menu > settings

scroll down and make sure "play notification sound" option is highlighted

press "notification sound" and choose a sound.

adam_hilluk likes this.
  3. adam_hilluk

adam_hilluk Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Solihull, UK
    thanks alot.

Can't believe how simple that was! Just didn't occur to me to change notification sound via message settings =\ just tried in e-mail and couldn't. :eek:

Tags: