• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

About to buy an LG Optimus F3 coming from the Motion 4G, should I wait for a new phone?

@koolsk8ter111, I've merged your two threads for you.

Cheers and good luck with your decision!
Cool! Hey man, with your experience with HSPA/HSPA+, how much better is LTE and both of them coverage wise? I don't know, i am just asking random people LOL. Anyone can reply to this and tell me lol

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Cool! Hey man, with your experience with HSPA/HSPA+, how much better is LTE and both of them coverage wise? I don't know, i am just asking random people. Anyone can reply to this and tell me lol

Use Coverage Maps | Sensorly

You can set the map to show any signal your looking for. Keep in mind it is user based. It helps show if lte is launched in your area for multiple carriers.

As for hspa vs lte. Hspa coverage is more expansive. And speeds are area dependent, I get about 10mbps down 2mbps up with a 50ms ping (hspa+). Which is about the same as some lte in my area. But lte will max out higher in most areas.

Upvote 0
Use Coverage Maps | Sensorly

You can set the map to show any signal your looking for. Keep in mind it is user based. It helps show if lte is launched in your area for multiple carriers.

As for hspa vs lte. Hspa coverage is more expansive. And speeds are area dependent, I get about 10mbps down 2mbps up with a 50ms ping (hspa+). Which is about the same as some lte in my area. But lte will max out higher in most areas.
And, I just found out that the L9 only gets 21mbps hspa+ and is not capable with 42mbps hspa+, which is a let down a bit. Even LTE data speeds aren't what they are suppose to be most of the time. Imagine a phone that only does 21mbps, it would get much lower speeds most of the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones