• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Activate online or by phone, does it matter?

I'll try and have this be my last DA nOOb question for awhile and I appreciate everyone's help. :eek:

So my Motion's all set up like my DX just like I wanted it.

I'm going to activate tomorrow. I already have an on-line acct at Metro.

Which method is the post painless, Less Likely To Screw Up?

I could barely understand the Cust Svc people so unless the Activate people actually you know, Comprende' Frickin' Engleese, I think I might do better with a machine. I went as far online as to clear my area for coverage and clear my ESSN before I punched out. That all looked straightforward enough.

Reliability is an issue too. I need it to work for sure. The deadline for the $55 plan is Close and I don't want to get bit being hung up in some black hole of not fully activated limbo.

Thanks yall,

PS; despite asking EVERYWHERE, I still have no idea if I'll get any choices in my new number depending on which way I activate. If anyone knows this, please do tell. (So far as I know, I only get to pick if I pay at a local auth. dealer or make the 70 mile roundtrip to a corporate store for free.)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

If you activate your phone online at the MetroPCS website, you get a chance at winning $1000.

If you activate your phone through phone, you get to keep your old plan (if it is no longer available;) the website was supposed to let us keep our old plan as well, but I tried it, and the website had a problem and would not let me activate/upgrade my phone without picking a new plan (and giving up my old one.)

Either way, it's way better than paying $15 to get it activated in a store.

Upvote 0
The SIM needs to be activated and MetroPCS website doesn't ask for such info for some odd reason. That was my experience four months ago. All you'll be seeing is a unstable 1x unless things have changed since then.

Every metro phone I've ever had, was activated online. 3 of them where LTE phones. Never one issue with data activation or keeping my old plan. So nice not having to deal with morons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones