• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help advanced task killer

While i am in agreement now that task-killers are not good for our phones. I have been experimenting with a memory optimizer. It basically adjusts the android memory managment settings. I run it at the setting called ultimate, and i have noticed my phone experiencing less lag and snappier loading and switching of programs.

Use at your own discretion, it is a root app that adjusts built in memory settings. It can be disasbled, but i havent experienced any instability since using it.

Hope that is helpful.

Upvote 0
Disable service and don't waste time with task killer unless it does not response due to bug.

As android is running linux based variant by default it shares few similarities. As one of them includes superior memory management which is not same as WinMo. In our world UNIX world (long before this POS Android newbie stuff was even born) we have a saying that unused memory is wasted memory. So when anything is allocated it is cached and its not released until anything requires it to be reallocated. Now this can happen from few things as memory is still cached if user were to access it by rerunning it then it will still be available but if the resource is unused based on the access recalls its relased based on chronologically.

Now anyone who thinks task management is not required even on UNIX/Linux much less on Android is simply a fool who shouldn't do anything as they are harm to the system. With that being said if you are required to shut something down forcefully due to memory leak or other factors you should do it only if you know what you are doing as it will not be fully released until you do warm boot.

If you need greater access to system resource then I suggest you take control of service and disable things that you do not need. Once again if you don't know what you are doing then leave it alone. As you can disable service at boot and some service do restart in that case you can also setup policies to shut it down if its restarted.

SS110124MemStats.png

^ now tell me I don't know about memory efficiency.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones