• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm having a problem with the wild for the night rom. I am on the latest update. I have noticed that everyonce in a while, I will get a window that pops up saying unfortunatly, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped. This has been going on for some time but recently it has gotten worse, it has been popping up quite a bit now. Also, frequently, another window also pops up saying trebuchet is not responding and when that window pops up, I can do nothing, not even reboot. I have to take the battery out to reboot the phone. I thought these issues were related to google play store so I cleared data, still had the same issue. I also went so far as to do a factory reset, clear all caches and reinstall the rom, when it boots the first time, I get the same window that says com.google.process.gapps has stopped. I press ok and another window pops up saying unfortunatly, setup wizard has stopped, then another window pops up saying clock has stopped. Then it cycles back to the com.google.process and starts this cycle all over again. If I let the screen go off, I can't get it to come back on without having to take the battery out. I can't go any farther than these windows. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Please help.

Have you tried uninstalling gapps in a file explorer and then reinstalling gapps in recovery, also sometimes clicking not to sysnc in your google account will fix it and removing your google account and then re-adding it works also.....

Reactions: jreink01
Upvote 0
Have you tried uninstalling gapps in a file explorer and then reinstalling gapps in recovery, also sometimes clicking not to sysnc in your google account will fix it and removing your google account and then re-adding it works also.....

I removed my google account and readded it. For the few minutes I was on this. It appeared fine. I wanted to do a factory reset and clear all caches, I did this and rebooted and I'm still having the same issues with those windows popping up after reboot and it won't let me go any farther than these windows, please help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones