• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Has anyone watched the new Star Wars series called Ahsoka?
What's your thoughts and opinions on it?
Will you continue to watch?
I watched episode 1 and thought it was OK. I'll continue to watch and see what happens....
so to truly appreciate Ahsoka, you would need to watch her in the Clone War series and in Star Wars Rebels. the new show Ahsoka basically picks up a few years after the ending of Rebels.

i loved it. and i think without that background some may not understand or pickup things. it just cool to see the planet Lothal and all of the characters from Clone Wars and Rebels come to life. they did a good job on picking an actor to play Sabine. Mary Elizabeth Winstead does a really good job pf playin Hera Syndulla. and of course Rosario Dawson is great as Ahsoka who is my favorite character in the Star Wars universe.

Upvote 0
Sorry ocnbrze, I mean no disrespect in calling it cartoon.
But I did read this article :
Star Wars’ “Ahsoka” Has a Problem Star Wars' "Ahsoka" Has a Problem | Cord Cutters News
That article is correct. Yes, it is not like the other SW series where you can pickup what is going on. Plus the other series are in the cinematic world of the Star War films. Ahsoka is purely from Star Wars: the Clone Wars and from Star War Rebels both being ANIMATED series.......so folks who watched the films can pick things up in the other series......not Ahsoka.

All I can say that after watching clone Wars and rebels, seeing the world come to life is truly amazing.

And you have to watch Rebels to understand why Ezra Bridger and Thrawn are such important characters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Thanks I'll have to watch them to get a better background with everything.
I'm not using Disney plus but I have my sources..
ok the good thing with Clone Wars it is not in any chronological order. some episodes happens before others. it is not until the last few seasons that this changes......so you do not necessarily have to watch every episode of clone wars. i love them so yes, i have seen the series in its entirety several times.

now keep in mind that Ahsoka started as a know it all teenager. almost everybody hated her at the beginning....this was intentional by Dave Filoni, the creator of most of the Star Wars Universe after George Lucas. He wanted the audience to see Ahsoka grow and mature before our eyes as the seasons progressed.....and at the very end she becomes probably one of the most beloved characters of the SW universe.

so there are tons of list available as to how to watch the clone wars series. here is a list of all of the Ahsoka episodes in not only clone wars but also all of the other SW series that she has appeared in. i think the list starts with the Tales of a Jedi in Disney plus.....anyways here is the list that i recommend:

also here is a cool video kind of giving a brief history of Ahsoka:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok so i forgot about Rebels. Ahsoka the series starts off right after Rebels.....well maybe a few years or more after the series finale. in Rebels you get to see Ezra grow up to become a Jedi. this you should watch in order. almost all of the characters you see in Ahsoka are from Rebels. the planet where Ahsoka the series starts off is Lothal, the home planet of Ezra.

i think Rebels is better than clone wars. but that is my opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will wait until its on dvd box set, a special edition tied in with The Clone Wars..
will not happen. this is purely a Disney+ thing. there is no dvd box set of Mandalorian. All shows will only be available on Disney+.....gonna have to subscribe to get it. for me it is well worth it as Disney+ also has Marvel and its MCU as well.

Upvote 0
You like anything with the word "balls" in it....lol
winner award GIF

Upvote 0
The Critical Drinker reviewed Ahsoka.

"Morgan" or "Elspeph" is no worse a Star Wars universe name than say "Luke". I do like the Tutankhamun style head gear though.

Don't think I'll be watching it though. No Disney+, plus I never got into Clone Wars and the other Star Wars extended universe thingies. I gave up with the Mandalorian after 3 episodes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.... there was Luke, Ezra, Morgan and Elspeth. :thumbsupdroid:
its Morgan Elspeth. Elspeth is not another person......LOL

i would add Kanan Jarrus to that list. he was Ezra's master.Kanan was never a Jedi. His master was killed during Order 66 where all jedis was executed by the clones. so he was a padawan that never completed his training. however, he saw how strong the force was in Ezra and he took the young boy under his wing. Ezra would not be who he is now, if it was not for Kanan.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
its Morgan Elspeth. Elspeth is not another person......LOL

i would add Kanan Jarrus to that list. he was Ezra's master.Kanan was never a Jedi. His master was killed during Order 66 where all jedis was executed by the clones. so he was a padawan that never completed his training. however, he saw how strong the force was in Ezra and he took the young boy under his wing. Ezra would not be who he is now, if it was not for Kanan.

Elspeth is a common diminutive of Elizabeth, like say Lizzie, Eliza, or Isabel is. For something that's in a far away galaxy from long ago, they seem to be using quite a few common English names from our planet Earth. :) At least the main Star Wars protagonist was Luke Skywalker, and not Luke Smith or something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones