• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help All text messages disappeared?

vmo

Lurker
Sep 10, 2010
I was texting a friend a few minutes ago and when I got a new text from her, I presed messages and all my texts disappeared... I don't have them set to automatically delete or anything, so I'm curious if this is a common problem/is there any way to get them back? I tried turning the phone off and on again but that was no help.

My HTC Evo V 4G just dumped all my 3000+ SMS tests, after the battery ran out. The above post suggests a factory reboot would magically restore them?? Sounds like heading in the wrong direction, and loosing all my apps and settings. Can someone confirm if this helps or if there is a better option?

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!
first off this thread is really old and second this is the evo 4g forums. you will want to post the question in the HTC EVO V 4G - Android Forums.

but to answer your questions, yes that will be heading in the wrong direction. all a factory reset does is wipe data. and thus wiping all of your texts. i think what the previous poster was trying to say was that a factory reset fixed the automatic deletion of your texts. have you tried SMS Backup & Restore?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones