• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ALL THINGS COOL EB01 (Mods and Stuff)

Uh oh... I kinda just installed it :eek:

For those of you that installed the voodo kernel in the OP..what CWM did you use to install? I have voodo5 now with DL09..from my understanding you have to use red CWM for vooodo kernels..since I have a voodoo kernel now i have to disable lag fix before flashing the EB01 rom right, since it has non voodo kernel and then reflash the new voodoo kernel, but using which CWM? I'm confused.

Upvote 0
For those of you that installed the voodo kernel in the OP..what CWM did you use to install? I have voodo5 now with DL09..from my understanding you have to use red CWM for vooodo kernels..since I have a voodoo kernel now i have to disable lag fix before flashing the EB01 rom right, since it has non voodo kernel and then reflash the new voodoo kernel, but using which CWM? I'm confused.

the voodoo kernel contains its own recovery...so no matter what cwr you are flashing from it will overwrite that and give you a full voodoo recovery (ie no applying the update.zip)

Upvote 0
the voodoo kernel contains its own recovery...so no matter what cwr you are flashing from it will overwrite that and give you a full voodoo recovery (ie no applying the update.zip)

I know, but I'm saying since I already have a voodoo kernel with DL09 don't I have to disable the lag fix before intalling the superclean EB01 Rom since it already contains the new kernel (non voodoo) and then just reflash the EB01 voodoo kernel?

Upvote 0
I know, but I'm saying since I already have a voodoo kernel with DL09 don't I have to disable the lag fix before intalling the superclean EB01 Rom since it already contains the new kernel (non voodoo) and then just reflash the EB01 voodoo kernel?

yes...or you could yank the kernel out of the rom...and flash the rom, then voodoo kernel in the same clockwork session to upgrade

Upvote 0
if you are on dj05/dl09 theres no reason to use the eb01 radio...use the respective radios for those roms.

and superclean 2.0 for eb01 is out as well as a voodoo kernel. performance is at least on par with custom voodoo kernels from eclair imo

Have you experienced any sort of lag with voodoo on EB01? Still doesn't feel as snappy as 2.1 voodoo was for me (as can be understood, as this is the first stab at a kernel), but I want to make sure I don't need to Odin back to stock and flash EB01 again if this lag is exclusive only to me.

Also, I like you have had a stable experience on voodoo thus far.

Upvote 0
Have you experienced any sort of lag with voodoo on EB01? Still doesn't feel as snappy as 2.1 voodoo was for me (as can be understood, as this is the first stab at a kernel), but I want to make sure I don't need to Odin back to stock and flash EB01 again if this lag is exclusive only to me.

Also, I like you have had a stable experience on voodoo thus far.

its not nearly as smooth as voodoo5 on 2.1...but thats mainly because its just an ext4 version of the stock kernel....jt did ALOT of cleanup on the kernel code and his github was the base for virtually all eclair kernels...once he can work with the kernel source...a voodoo5 custom 2.2 kernel should far surpass performance of a 2.1 (hopefully anyway)

Reactions: PeterGunz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones