• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ALPHA] ICS for Optimus M (NOW COMPILED AND BOOTING)

Hell I can't even unlock it.

I know LOL. It took forever to unlock this though. I spent around an hour tops. I brainstormed trying to unlock and failed each attempt :D :D If the touchscreen works, I'd be playing around with everything right now. In the meantime, Ima start playing around with this. I finally got more info on the compiling from xda and other sites. Ima start working on this project too ;) Hopefully we can get this to actually be precise when it comes to touching the screen lol.

Upvote 0
yeah i thought i had my wireless issues fixed.. was wrong.. couldnt sync with cm9.. but good news is my internet gets turned back on on sunday.. at that point i will be syncing and things should start rolling again. sorry for the long delay in updates.. im not quite refreshed on c and c++ or id rewrite the driver from scratch lol.. but kinda need my internet for research to get this going.. kinda annoying and discouraging having to unplug my wireless adapter and replug and relogin everytime i visit a webpage lol... friggin $478 to get my ccable and internet back.. insane.. just glad im back on top again and ahve the money comin in lol

Upvote 0
in all honesty.. if i had the time now that i did when i started this project to work on it, it would probably be into beta by now.. but with everything going on my time is limited. after im settled int he new house, i plan on spending a few days on this project to get it going again. i will have less distraction once we're int he new house as my daughter will have a room lol, which should allow to me delve into this once more.

Upvote 0
in all honesty.. if i had the time now that i did when i started this project to work on it, it would probably be into beta by now.. but with everything going on my time is limited. after im settled int he new house, i plan on spending a few days on this project to get it going again. i will have less distraction once we're int he new house as my daughter will have a room lol, which should allow to me delve into this once more.

keep up the good work man, congrats on your house, finish getting settled in your new house. no one should be rushing you, please take your time. it is more important for you to be settled in than to finsh this rom.

Reactions: tripdoc79
Upvote 0

Hey, 1 more thing to note is that you'll have to manually add the APN for metropcs because there is currently no user friendly way to do it.

Upvote 0
hey whats up i whould like to help with the development of this rom but i have no clue where to start i have way too much time on my hands and really nothing to do lol if someone can point me to the right direction as in what to download to develope the rom and any pointers whould be good too thanks in advance :-D

go to source.android.com and follow directions in setting up the build environment, then continue on to downloading the source. I recommend ubuntu 10.04 x64 if you can run x64, once you have the source downloaded, refer to the OP and download the zipped files and put in their respective places, the .build/envsetup.sh and lunch to build. most errors should be worked out with files included in the OP. from there, i would suggest downloading the kernel source from lg open source, and also gettting the msm kernel from source.android.com and trying to compile a kernel with working touchscreen drivers. once we have working touchscreen everything should move a bit faster. as far as anything else, any errors, questions and the like, most have been answered in the previous 400 posts, and if something new arises, post here and remember, google in your friend, and also thanx for your interest in keeping this project alive. im almost settled int he new house, having a house warming party this weekend, and after that i should start to have some time to devote to this project to keep it rolling.

Reactions: nu2moding
Upvote 0

Ok so I did something today. I flashed this to the phone. Now I was surprised when it actually got past the LG screen but when it actually booted I was ecstatic. But the touch doesn't work :( o well I didn't figueebit would anyways. The buttons don't work ether.
It did seem like I got service (no bars but no x ether.)

Upvote 0
Ok so I did something today. I flashed this to the phone. Now I was surprised when it actually got past the LG screen but when it actually booted I was ecstatic. But the touch doesn't work :( o well I didn't figueebit would anyways. The buttons don't work ether.
It did seem like I got service (no bars but no x ether.)

Yea its not going to fully work as all Optimi? aren't the same.

Congrats on the new move trip :)

Upvote 0
Are you on the wildfire now?

Yeah. I simply got fed up with a phone that rebooted umpteen million times a day. So I upgraded all my OM's to Wildfire's.

Once you "s-off", root, and install CWM, there's only one MetroPCS ROM available, and its completely stock+a2sd. Its a very stable ROM however all the Sense crap destroys the internal memory.

CM7 has been ported to the GSM version of the phone, but no love for us CDMA users. Bobz helped make a kernel for us, but nothing really works. (Other than the touchscreen.)

Upvote 0
Yeah. I simply got fed up with a phone that rebooted umpteen million times a day. So I upgraded all my OM's to Wildfire's.

Once you "s-off", root, and install CWM, there's only one MetroPCS ROM available, and its completely stock+a2sd. Its a very stable ROM however all the Sense crap destroys the internal memory.

CM7 has been ported to the GSM version of the phone, but no love for us CDMA users. Bobz helped make a kernel for us, but nothing really works. (Other than the touchscreen.)
Should be able to just edit the build.prop and add the cdma permissions to get it to work. That is if the phones are the same ie the gsm rom will boot and work on the Wildfire. If not alot more will have to be done as you all prolly know. ;)

Reactions: bobdamnit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones