• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ALPHA] ICS for Optimus M (NOW COMPILED AND BOOTING)

Should be able to just edit the build.prop and add the cdma permissions to get it to work. That is if the phones are the same ie the gsm rom will boot and work on the Wildfire. If not alot more will have to be done as you all prolly know. ;)

They are significantly different. Different touchscreens, radio's, etc.

Like I said, Bobz helped us get a working bootable CDMA kernel for CM7. But other than booting and having a usable touchscreen, it's pretty much been dropped.

There is a team called "MarvelUSc" that is designing ROM's specifically for the A510c (CDMA WFS), but they've all but given up on CM7. (I don't think any of them are kernel devs.)

I myself have never built an Android kernel. Otherwise I'd give it a shot. It probably would end up like the time I built a Backtrack 3 kernel though. A complete disaster lol

Upvote 0
No he meant mobo compatibility. The new bulldozer AMD chips have issues at the moment. They dont quite make use of all cores. Make sure you flash the latest BIOS for your board. Also if you are running Windows 7 there are patches that need to be run which can be found at MS website. AMD is coming out with a second series of Bulldozer chips which will run alot smoother.

Upvote 0
No he meant mobo compatibility. The new bulldozer AMD chips have issues at the moment. They dont quite make use of all cores. Make sure you flash the latest BIOS for your board. Also if you are running Windows 7 there are patches that need to be run which can be found at MS website. AMD is coming out with a second series of Bulldozer chips which will run alot smoother.

Thank you for the information. :) I will keep that in mind.

Upvote 0
Alright, so If I'm gonna start developing for this project, where am I to start? I've just installed Ubuntu 10.04. :)
get familiar with the android src, learn to code or at least edit the p1$$ out of it, learn PATIENCE, and again LEARN PATIENCE, and learn to accept failures (there will be tons)!!!

And thats from my experience with a phone that meet the min required specs even. ;)

Just think of it like trying to get a 500ci Mtn motor to fit n run in a Chevette w/o the car itself getting rip to shreds!!! ;)

Upvote 0
god i love my job.. lol lady brought in a computer.. wouldnt post.. wouldnt boot. powered on.. then the fans stopped spinning.. told her it was most likely the motherboard.. cause i tested the power supply.. she was like ok.. i need a new computer.. got ehr set up with a new tower.. told her to take the old one home with her.. she said nah.. just junk it.. i said ok.. she left.. i started the services on her new pc.. opened up the old one.. 8GB of dual channel memory.. 1.5TB HDD.. guess whos got 8gb dual channel now.. lol had 6gb after my incident.. not dual channel.. and my mobo hates single channel memory.. lol

Upvote 0
ok so.. pretty much have evrything settled.. getting ready to dive into this again.. just figured id give an update as i know alot of you are waiting to see this happen. been a couple months since i did any real work on this so there should be some more support out there for getting everything working.. thanx for being so patient everyone. time to go find some patches.. just read about a legacy touchscreen patch for cm9.. going to see if i can incorporate that into my build and see of the touchscreen works.

Reactions: Verneverne
Upvote 0
god i love my job.. lol lady brought in a computer.. wouldnt post.. wouldnt boot. powered on.. then the fans stopped spinning.. told her it was most likely the motherboard.. cause i tested the power supply.. she was like ok.. i need a new computer.. got ehr set up with a new tower.. told her to take the old one home with her.. she said nah.. just junk it.. i said ok.. she left.. i started the services on her new pc.. opened up the old one.. 8GB of dual channel memory.. 1.5TB HDD.. guess whos got 8gb dual channel now.. lol had 6gb after my incident.. not dual channel.. and my mobo hates single channel memory.. lol

Lucky SOB

Upvote 0
ok so.. pretty much have evrything settled.. getting ready to dive into this again.. just figured id give an update as i know alot of you are waiting to see this happen. been a couple months since i did any real work on this so there should be some more support out there for getting everything working.. thanx for being so patient everyone. time to go find some patches.. just read about a legacy touchscreen patch for cm9.. going to see if i can incorporate that into my build and see of the touchscreen works.

Hey, I love you. But not in a homosexual way. In a I-really-need-this-to-happen kind of way.

Upvote 0
tryingt o make cghanges to my working build to get the touchscreen working.. unfortionately.. the working rom was compiled on virtual box.. and for whatever reason i cannot access it.. at least not in windows.. so when i get some more time ill try it from ubuntu.. i ahve it dual booting.. but i have yet to compile a working rom the same as the one i did on the virtual box.. so we'll see if i can access my virtual disk from VB in ubuntu and see if i can make it go.. kinda funny.. running virtual box in ubuntu for ubuntu.. :S

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones