• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android 10 Killed My Phone's Volume

loader

Nov 13, 2010
I got a message last night that Android 10 needed to be installed on my phone so I allowed it. After restarting I was not impressed with the GUI at all but that's another topic. I'm really wishing that they would have left it alone... my phone was great before. I loved it! I have an LG G7 ThinQ (T-Mobile). Now if I place a phone call and put it on speaker the volume I'm hearing on a speaker call has been reduced by around 80 to 85%... no joke. Even the volume when holding the phone to your ear has been reduced. Previously when you placed a call on speaker, there was an option to boost the speaker volume but that option is gone.

Not only has my ability to hear phone calls been stripped away but listening to music the same way is no longer possible. The playback volume of the LG G7 ThinQ was one of the main selling points of the phone. Just watch any review of it on YouTube. It use to rock.

I'm so ticked off right now I don't know what to do.

This is no longer the phone I bought.

Does anyone have a solution to this???

I wish I could go back to Android 9.

I got the volume issues resolved. It was an app setting that was changed during the "update" to something I did not have it set to.

I still don't like the GUI. I never understood why they force GUI updates. That should be a choice made within display settings or themes. But they know what's best for you, you don't.

I'm now dealing with icons being out of place. At the bottom of my phone I have always had 7 apps in my navigation bar. Now, when I start up my phone, 2 icons have moved themselves and created a new page just for themselves. One of the belongs in my nav bar and one belongs in a folder. I can place them where they need to be but if I need to restart my phone they've moved again to a new page. :mad: :maddroid:

Upvote 0
I got the volume issues resolved. It was an app setting that was changed during the "update" to something I did not have it set to.

I still don't like the GUI. I never understood why they force GUI updates. That should be a choice made within display settings or themes. But they know what's best for you, you don't.

I'm now dealing with icons being out of place. At the bottom of my phone I have always had 7 apps in my navigation bar. Now, when I start up my phone, 2 icons have moved themselves and created a new page just for themselves. One of the belongs in my nav bar and one belongs in a folder. I can place them where they need to be but if I need to restart my phone they've moved again to a new page. :mad: :maddroid:

If you don't like the gui, just go to the playstore and try on one of the billion launchers that are available. Many people use alternate launchers, and many are so customizable you could spend literally months messing with them. Try new icon packs as well. I'm not going to recommend any specific launchers, because that boils way down to personal preference, my point is that you're not stuck with your current design like some iphone user.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
If you don't like the gui, just go to the playstore and try on one of the billion launchers that are available. Many people use alternate launchers, and many are so customizable you could spend literally months messing with them. Try new icon packs as well. I'm not going to recommend any specific launchers, because that boils way down to personal preference, my point is that you're not stuck with your current design like some iphone user.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm aware of launchers. I don't believe we should have to agree to ANOTHER EULA, install products that are surely collecting our data, spying on us and compromising our devices in one way or another just to try and get back to something similar to what we originally paid money for. I'm sick of the f@$#!#@ machine!

Upvote 0
This is how I like my homepage to look. Going through the launchers on the Play Store, they all look so cheesy.

2020_05_27_00.01.52.jpg

Upvote 0
This is how I like my homepage to look. Going through the launchers on the Play Store, they all look so cheesy.
Without knowing which launchers you've looked at, I can't know if my suggested one is cheesy-looking to you! :) But I like ADW Launcher 2; I've used it, and its predecessor, for as long as I can remember. It lets me do everything I want with my Android devices' look and feel.

If you're interested in seeing some things it can do, take a look at this thread.

Personally, I prefer a clean, uncluttered view; I'm quite the minimalist! Here's my default home screen:

Screenshot_20200527-165149.jpg

and one with some 'activities' on it:

Screenshot_20200527-165204.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones