• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3 & 4.0 WiFi Internet HD 1080P HDMI Google TV Box ARM Cortex A9 Firmware

Try opening it up and sticking these on the bare chips to help with heat...
(well, this forum won't let me post anything yet with a URL in it... so go to Amazon and search for items #B005EDL2XW)

There is some similar report and picture of assembling heat sinks, about heat issue from another user on post "159.
I have browser crash too after some time, I will open box and check about heat..

Upvote 0
Hi Stane.

You appear to be the Visson expert. I made a post somewhere today advising I had just ordered a atv-102 1gb from China with a view to reselling on ebay.
I have since heard wifi and ethernet are unstable on this.
Have i made a bad purchase please?
Will firmware update solve any problems?
Will 108 firmware update also work on 102.
I am a relative novice so please be gentle !
Grateful for any help you can provide. Thanks.

Geoff

Upvote 0
Hi Stane.

You appear to be the Visson expert. I made a post somewhere today advising I had just ordered a atv-102 1gb from China with a view to reselling on ebay.

Geoff

Stand no longer supports development of this devise.

Upvote 0
Hi Stane.

Geoff

Stand no longer supports development of this devise.

Hi,

laziod is right, I don't provide support to Visson products anymore if it's not related to V-Play product. However, I answered to your question in this post.

In short:

ATV-108 rev 1 (we talked about here) - Amlogic M1 platform, c03ref
ATV-108 rev 2 (we talked about here) - Amlogic M3 platform, f16ref, 512mb RAM

ATV-102 - first versions of device are renamed ATV-108 rev 2, new versions of device do have 1 GB of RAM and slightly different kernel and bootloader configuration than ATV-102 (or ATV-108 rev 2) with 512mb of RAM. My released firmwares for ATV-108 rev 2 are not compatible with ATV-102 1gb device.

ATV-102 1gb is little improved, different USB HUB chip and performance is little better (wifi is also connected to USB). Problem with 2.6.34 and old drivers, lack of nl80211 wifi protocol (using wext)...

Since I'm writing post here, I'll also write that Visson do have M6 (MX) devices also. I do have few of them and they work pretty good :) More optimizations (mainly to kernel) is needed, but for now with stock firmware antutu benchmark (latest) shows 8000.

Ok, it wasn't short answer.... :)

Regards,
Stane

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Hi to all.

I saw that many of you are searching for my released firmwares for ATV-108 rev 1 and rev 2. I uploaded last public released firmwares for both devices to sendspace.

Please read:

I'm not responsible and most probably will not support any of these firmwares. These files are 6 months old and I can't even recall what's working on them and what's not. As I said earlier, I cannot maintain firmwares anymore (not firmwares which are public released - V-Play is commercial project now).

Note for ATV-108 rev 2 (f16ref) users - please read:

There are 2 versions of Visson's ATV-108 f16ref (also known as ATV-102).

First version comes with 512 Mb of RAM, second one comes with 1 Gb of RAM. This published firmware is for 512 Mb RAM version only!

Links:
20120826_Android_ICS-ATV-108-c03ref.zip

20120807_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref.zip

Links will expire at some point of time and I might not have the files anymore, keep that in mind :)

Regards,
Stane

Upvote 0
Hi to all.

I saw that many of you are searching for my released firmwares for ATV-108 rev 1 and rev 2. I uploaded last public released firmwares for both devices to sendspace.

Please read:

I'm not responsible and most probably will not support any of these firmwares. These files are 6 months old and I can't even recall what's working on them and what's not. As I said earlier, I cannot maintain firmwares anymore (not firmwares which are public released - V-Play is commercial project now).

Note for ATV-108 rev 2 (f16ref) users - please read:

There are 2 versions of Visson's ATV-108 f16ref (also known as ATV-102).

First version comes with 512 Mb of RAM, second one comes with 1 Gb of RAM. This published firmware is for 512 Mb RAM version only!

Links:
20120826_Android_ICS-ATV-108-c03ref.zip

20120807_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref.zip

Links will expire at some point of time and I might not have the files anymore, keep that in mind :)

Regards,
Stane

Thanks Stane!!!

Reactions: Monicaz
Upvote 0
So after months of tinkering, the wifi on my c03ref still cuts out, just like others here describe. Try to load a page or anything Internet intensive and boom. Dead wifi. Just watch the bars drop then dead connection. Still says it is connected, just non functional. Stane, what wifi is in this and what kernel version was yer last public c03ref release? We need to compile or download a precompiled for our kernel version driver for wifi so we can fix this. I have the same issue with an mk808 that has a rk902 wifi chip. Different driver, same exact issue tho. So maybe it is an android issue and not a driver one. Can c03ref users only report back here and give status of wifi and firmware version? Thanks.
i am too a user of c03ref and i have seen that many people having the same issue of wifi. but to my surprise i didnt have such issues so its very hard to figure it out whats the exact matter. the reason may that i use this box mainly to watch movies loaded in pen drives or sometimes i watch some videos for 1 or 2 hrs on "youtube for google tv" ver- 1.6 and very less of browsing and that is via default brower only.

so its less of online and more of offline.

anyways my wifi seems to be perfect and firmware is "20120826_Android_ICS-ATV-108-c03ref.zip" (not sure) coz this was the last stane file which i installed.

i hope the above info is some sort of helpful

Upvote 0
Dear friends,
I have a question.
I just bought this device from eBay.

I encountered a problem: when I'm trying to download something from the market i crashes and the following message is shown: "Unforntunately marked crashed".
Does someone know what is the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Which device? Since this is your first post, you're not allowed to post direct links.... try to improvise with spaces etc...

Another question: do I need turn off the device when I don't use it (for example at night)? If the answer is yes - how do I do it?

Thanks.

See above, we don't know which device you bought :)

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Hi,

if someone interested in Linux XBMC firmware on Visson ATV-102 1Gb, keep reading :)

It's first public build based on Pivos sources.

Not working:
- power off is not working as it should
- IR power off button doesn't work either

Notes:

It's full firmware install package which should be installed via sdcard. Bootloader will be also replaced (u-boot-aml-ucl.bin).
On bootloader included, when pressing reset button on back side of device, led WON'T blink and that doesn't mean it won't boot into recovery, so don't panic :)

!!! for Visson ATV-102 1Gb (ATV-108 f16ref 1Gb) devices only !!!

Download from here.

Regards,
Stane1983

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones