• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android 4.4 Sense 6 ROMs

UBRocked

VZW Nexus Please!!!
Jan 31, 2010
Ohio
I see this section is kind of dead here. I was running this phone stock for a while and honestly it wasn't half bad stock. Phone has ample specs for most things and decent enough battery life to make it through the day. Seeing the M8 coming out made me decide to root it and just wondering if anyone else has put one of the new 4.4.2, Sense 6 ROMs on their phone?

I'm currently running NuSense RC 4.4 found here: ★ ☆ [ROM][4.4.2] Sense 6.0 | NuSenseSIX | KitKat | 1.12.605.11 | DLX | CDMA-GSM-Global | V4A | Xposed | RC4.4 | 04-02-14 | ☆ ★ - xda-developers

The kernel I'm running is the latest version of Torrented's beastmode kernel xda-developers - View Profile: .torrented (file link in his signature block...I couldn't find an actual post on XDA).

That gives you the base software that the new One (m8) is running, with the latest version of KitKat, latest version of Sense...plus you get double tap to wake, sweep to wake, sweep to sleep (via the kernel)...which are nice.

Plus, you get 23 GB bonus space for Dropbox cause their servers think you have a new HTC One :D

So anyway, hope that is useful info. Everything seems pretty smooth and the only bugs are minor types of things at this point in time.

Reactions: scotty85
No problem. I tent to gravitate to the CM based ROMs too but I wanted to experience the new One's software and for the most part...it runs fantastic. Sense 6 is actually a pretty good skin and HTC's best to date for sure. Would have liked to have seen better color palettes for the themes but besides that...it's very clean.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones