• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android and Exchange

Thanks for this. I believe you are correct in that the folders I have created are not on a server but rather are in folders I created within the MacMail program itself. So to clarify, are you saying that because of this, Touchdown will NOT be able to read them? Thanks for all of your time on this. I really appreciate it.
Hmm, no one replied to this old post but yes, Touchdown can only access what's on the Exchange server. It cannot access anything on a client.

Upvote 0
It seems from all the posts that touchdown is the best way to go.

Does anyone know if Google is planning to add full exchange support?

I'm using touchdown right now, and it works fine but I don't want to spend money if there is a free option in the works.

The current default mail program for Android works very well with MS Exchange. Im currently using the Gingerbread OS and its been improved further. So far I dont have any need ot use Touchdown even though I own it.

Upvote 0
The current default mail program for Android works very well with MS Exchange. Im currently using the Gingerbread OS and its been improved further. So far I dont have any need ot use Touchdown even though I own it.
Can anyone please list or point me to the improvements in Exchange support on GB. For example, I think there is (sometimes?) an issue with not being able to accept appointments. I've also noticed that appointments that repeat every weekday on my computer also show up on Saturday and Sunday on my phone. Numerous other little things. My ThunderBolt should be getting GB in a month or two so maybe I will not need Touchdown. Or do others still see advantages with Touchdown?

Upvote 0
Can anyone please list or point me to the improvements in Exchange support on GB. For example, I think there is (sometimes?) an issue with not being able to accept appointments. I've also noticed that appointments that repeat every weekday on my computer also show up on Saturday and Sunday on my phone. Numerous other little things. My ThunderBolt should be getting GB in a month or two so maybe I will not need Touchdown. Or do others still see advantages with Touchdown?

I'd be interested to know the new improvements in Gingerbread also. I've owned an andriod 2.2.1 phone for about 13 hours now, and can already tell that the default Google mail app has poor exchange support. The most annoying of which, is the fact that folders are listed in alphabetical order, rather than nested. This causes a problem if you have folders with the same name, but under different parents. Now we have all the similarly named folders right next to each other with all context removed, so one can't tell which is which. I think I'll be trying out Touchdown.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones