• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Market Connection Problem

CharryGee

Lurker
Mar 27, 2018
Hi Guys,

Hope you could help me if there is still anybody whose using a ViewSonic VPAD7 with android version 2.2.2. I have not used this gadget for sometime since I have newer ones. I happen to remember it and tried opening this morning. However, I forgot my password and made several tries causing the tablet to lock. I did a factory reset and was able to open it again. However, when I was trying to download apps from using the built-in market app, a window pops up saying "Attention An error has occurred. Please try again later" with a "Web Page Not available" in the background. I tried downloading using my laptop for apks and copied it via usb cable to the viewpad but when I try to install I kept on encountering Parsing problem. When I try to access YouTube I also encounter "There was a problem with the network [401] message and cannot browse any video file.

I would just like to know if there is still a possible solution to these problems I encountered and if there is a chance that the Android version 2.2.2 could still be updated to a higher version that could still manage to download apps.

I need your advise before deciding to trash this gadget.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones