• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Tv Box Flexiview FV-1

I found this one more interesting to me.

http://www.asiapads.com/product_info.php?products_id=2045{10}28

Amex-Digital%28Offer%29.jpg

Upvote 0
Its the same pcba like FVA-2 with sata connector outside box and only new elegant stile box for Hama brand (Germany). So not for sale to others oem brands in EU. Outside EU no problem.

That's right but it sounds like you are mixing up FVA-2 with FVS-1.
The "Flexiview FV-1" we are talking about in this topic is the same like "FVS-1".
It's CPU is a Cortex A8.

The FVA-2 and FVA-3 are new models with a Cortex A9-CPU and more connectors.

Upvote 0
Dear Friends. Urgent help needed While experimenting and installing new firmwares and games.I dont know what happend. Iam unable to see the files inside any usb in the file manager though HDD or pen drive is detected and i can create a new folder there.

ABCD0005.jpg

ABCD0004.jpg

Before it happend i installed a few application Z root and lcd density also some themes and checked with AW launcher. I uninstalled everything ( May be somthing wrong went there.

At last i did factory reset. But the result is the same.

Please guide me at the earliest

Upvote 0
Hey guys maybe there is a chance for custom-roms.
On this page you can download the android-sourceCode for this device:
git.tarot.com.tw Git

Maybe it needs to be modified so everything works but this is really great.
And about the OSK-file: Normally the update-file-format doesn't matter for custom-roms.
Because we have root we should be able to port CWM to this device. Did anyone tried the command "reboot recovery"?

And another way of getting the things to work:
I noticed this line in the UART-log:
init: cannot find '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh', disabling 'flash_recovery'
This file should give us the possibility to inject another application(like CWM) into the boot-process.

And before doing such things we should know, how safe the updating-method via the sdcard is. Will it always work?

Upvote 0
I have very great news!
After more than 4 hours of searching on the web I got ALL developer-things for the chip which is built-in our box.
This includes hardware-references, manuals, tools and the sourcecodes for Android-2.3, Linux-2.6 and WinCE.

The CPU has a great feature to boot from the SDCard instead of the NAND.
This needs an hardware-switch to switch between sdcard- and nand-boot.
I have the pinouts and everything which is useful(including an PDF-file with over 2000 pages). The problem is, that I don't know much about these thing.
Maybe here is somebody who has some knowlegde in MikroController-Hardware to help me.

Upvote 0
Dear Friends. Urgent help needed While experimenting and installing new firmwares and games.I dont know what happend. Iam unable to see the files inside any usb in the file manager though HDD or pen drive is detected and i can create a new folder there.

ABCD0005.jpg

ABCD0004.jpg

Before it happend i installed a few application Z root and lcd density also some themes and checked with AW launcher. I uninstalled everything ( May be somthing wrong went there.

At last i did factory reset. But the result is the same.

Please guide me at the earliest

Still no help for me

Upvote 0
Try resetting everything by installing an update. This would overwrite all your changes to the system-partition like root or lcd-density.

If you know exactly what you did you could try to restore evrything step by step but I think it's easier to make an update.

Now as i cant see any thing on the usb. I cannot root too as there is no free apps for rooting to check and find out . I download z4 root manually and installed earlier now its not possible as files in the usb is not detected .

I was pretty confident that factory reset would do the job but :eek: it remained the same. May be the z4root made some changes in the default too.

Upvote 0
Did Anyone tried to open the box ? What is the storage device inside? If its micro SD ,Can we replace with some good high speed more capacity memory card ?

Just Iam asking this because i want try the new update on the new card without disturbing the current version

The internal memory is stored on the NAND, where the Firmware lies, too.
It's the first partition and has a size of 786,6MB

We could try to port ClockworkMod-Recovery so we can easily flash custom ROM's. Accessing the Kernel is very hard without modding the hardware because the kernel doesn't has a partition which represents the first 17MB of the NAND where u-boot and the kernel are stored.

Here is an image of the developer-board of this box's cpu:
4448.jpg

There you can see the switches which influences the boot-process.
We need to port this to our Flexiview FV-1, so we can boot from SD.

Upvote 0
Thanks buddy for the info.Seems interesting but we have to gain a lot of knowledge b4 trying

The internal memory is stored on the NAND, where the Firmware lies, too.
It's the first partition and has a size of 786,6MB

We could try to port ClockworkMod-Recovery so we can easily flash custom ROM's. Accessing the Kernel is very hard without modding the hardware because the kernel doesn't has a partition which represents the first 17MB of the NAND where u-boot and the kernel are stored.

Here is an image of the developer-board of this box's cpu:
4448.jpg

There you can see the switches which influences the boot-process.
We need to port this to our Flexiview FV-1, so we can boot from SD.

Upvote 0
Reseting isn't the same as reflashing. Try reflash firmware using oneof the documented methods.

Yes full day in the office i was just researching and gaining knowledge to reflash and now iam confident and even planned to reflash before this thing happend.

I didn't install any sd card before. now when i installed files detected on the SD card.with the help of it i installed z4root and rooted the system and now iam able to see the files in the USB drive. when i stop root and see no files ar shown in the usb drive.Reflashing is option left and i will do it. but we need to know what went wrong here ? Any ideas.

System seems to be a bit slow the remote sensor specially while playing fruitslice.

If i want to flash firmware which one you suggest ? Iam not in contact with the seller Infact i dunno who is the seller.
Can i install with the usb drive ? I think the latest firmware is released today with name U110781_1110081_HW.osk on the ftpsite. & any comments on flash 11 ?

my box looke exactly the same
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA_sxPMFNSU

Upvote 0
Thanks buddy for the info.Seems interesting but we have to gain a lot of knowledge b4 trying

Oh, I saw I've forgotten to post the link to where I got all the things:
down.realarm.cn - /Real210????????/

There you can find really everything. in the datasheet there is a pinout of these boot-switches. but I think it's related to the board where they assembled the cpu.

And another thing which could stop us from being successful: The CPU supports SecureBoot. This is a feature to make a CPU only booting signed code.
I don't know if this is enabled on FV-1. But if so we will have no luck in porting Linux or building custom-kernels.

The only thing we could easily do would be porting Android-2.3 but I think this wouldn't have much advantages.

Because I'm now going to buy a "Logitech Revue"(Logitech Revue? With Google TV?) I cancled working on this project.

So if anyone wants to experiment with these things, I can only say: GOOD LUCK.

Upvote 0
Oh, I saw I've forgotten to post the link to where I got all the things:
down.realarm.cn - /Real210????????/

There you can find really everything. in the datasheet there is a pinout of these boot-switches. but I think it's related to the board where they assembled the cpu.

And another thing which could stop us from being successful: The CPU supports SecureBoot. This is a feature to make a CPU only booting signed code.
I don't know if this is enabled on FV-1. But if so we will have no luck in porting Linux or building custom-kernels.

The only thing we could easily do would be porting Android-2.3 but I think this wouldn't have much advantages.

Because I'm now going to buy a "Logitech Revue"(Logitech Revue? With Google TV?) I cancled working on this project.

So if anyone wants to experiment with these things, I can only say: GOOD LUCK.
I think google revue works only in usa.only browser works outside usa.

Upvote 0
1 and 3 I can't help you with. File sharing I presume is do-able. One of two ways

1. Use ES File Explorer (Or Astro I think will work aswell) You can connect to a samba (shared folder) on your pc and copy files to your device. (Within Android)

2. Use Android Samba Server. More Tricky, but easier to use once set up. You need to root your device. Then download SMB app from market. This is essentially step one but backwards. You then go on your computer, and the android device will be avaliable as a shared folder, you can then copy files accross from pc to device. (Using PC to drag and drop files will be easier and faster then using File manager in android)

Hope this helps

Dean

with SMB app in android, I connect usb HDD to it, can I access the HDD from windows pc, or only can access SD card?

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and a new android user. So please bear with me if my question seems trivial. I have recently got the Flexiview FV-1 and am checking it out. I like the device overall but the main niggle I have is with it playing embedded flash movies using the browser. I have tried the built in browser and also Skyfire but when I go to online streaming sites to watch movies or shows, it is quite jerky. I tried both on WiFi and wired but no difference. I have a fast fiber optic broadband so speed is not an issue. Is this a problem with the browser or the box? You tube vidoes play fine so I am not sure if the problem is with the box unable to handle the stream.

Could any of you please help/enlighten me? Thank you.

Upvote 0
Using something like this, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to access the HDD as well as SD card. I haven't tried, tho...

maybe i need to try it.
I have over 10G photos in my HDD, but I have tried several sw for photo viewing, no option to include HDD folder, Quickpic (快图 in chinese) can do it, it can see thumbview, but always load fail. I have also tried photo in thumbdriver (show as HDD2) it's ok. any sw to suggest for viewing photo in HDD (spinning disk)?? thanks

update
tried last night. samba filesharing share sdcard only by default, and you can only add in one other media-flash or HDD, but HDD must be vFAT (FAT32),i spent hours try to "convert" HDD to FAT. finally give up, and use 'copy-format-copy' method. tonight will try it.- hope QuickPic also works

Upvote 0
Yes, that's my experience too. Haven't found a way to improve matters.

Hmmm. But there must be some difference between how You Tube handles the video compared to the browser. Even 720p HD videos on you tube play smoothly but when streaming with browser all goes jerky. Would love to get a solution as it seems something simple being missed between YouTube and browser but can't figure out what. So frustrating. Great box but for this.

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,
I have a fast fiber optic broadband so speed is not an issue. Is this a problem with the browser or the box? You tube vidoes play fine so I am not sure if the problem is with the box unable to handle the stream.

Could any of you please help/enlighten me? Thank you.

Just check updating with flash player 11. Some improvement is there what i felt. And please dont forget to take backup of 10.1 flash b4 updating

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones