• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anogenMod 7/Android 2.3.3?

im using android 2.1 eclair on my optimus gt540, its rooted, but i wana out tha cyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3.3 mod thing on my fone but i rekon ill fuk it up, if i do fuk it up trying to put cyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3.3 on my device, can i just do a hard reset thing and will my phone b fixed afta i reset it or still fukd?
thx

I beleave if after you have installed fastboot and somthing goes wrong installing CM7 then you can just reflash the 2.1 rom.

However with the instructions there shouldnt be a problem. If you really think you will do somthing wrong use the automatic .exe file for CM7, and remember the golden rule dont touch the phone till the update is complete.

Reactions: KrisAlicious
Upvote 0
I beleave if after you have installed fastboot and somthing goes wrong installing CM7 then you can just reflash the 2.1 rom.

However with the instructions there shouldnt be a problem. If you really think you will do somthing wrong use the automatic .exe file for CM7, and remember the golden rule dont touch the phone till the update is complete.

I'd like to update too from 2.1, I was just wondering which data gets erased with the flashing, Im just curious since I have nothing on my phone that I cant recover, thanks!

Upvote 0
I'd like to update too from 2.1, I was just wondering which data gets erased with the flashing, Im just curious since I have nothing on my phone that I cant recover, thanks!

Everything gets erased, so use mybackuproot to backup.

Also your APN settings will get erased so you will need to look those up for your network, and put em in manually

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones