• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new Verizon Androids before January?

Interesting, seems most likely VZW will be getting a variant of the N1 in the next month or so. I wonder how different it will look and if it will look anything like the ultra sexy black Bravo. The Incredible is rumored to be the non-euro Bravo, but if Incredible = N1 then that's false. True be told I will probably grab it no matter what, but that Bravo is a looker, optical track pad and all.

Upvote 0
So, VZW has 1.7 million of these in warehouses somewhere, but no one has reported seeing one and there are no pictures of one? Now THAT's incredible!

Perhaps you've seen plenty of pictures of this, except as the N1. Remember, the original picture from back in October had HTC stamped on the top which probably wasn't the N1. My thing is that if there are 1.7 million sitting in a warehouse somewhere, why not FCC approved yet? Unless it has been submitted (usually when they're approved by the FCC, they were submitted as many as 4 weeks earlier) and they're just waiting on the official approval. I'm wondering what the hold up was that HTC wasn't ready to go by December 6th?

Upvote 0
and on top of that the FCC cleared nothing that's jumping the gun a bit, I'm buying the droid on the 31st hopefully "The Whatever" comes out before the end of january.

yet the nexus one was given to thousands of people worldwide before the approval from the FCC was official. If you assume that your phone gets approved, and really they're just seeing how you tested it, you could sell it the next day after approval. The FCC process really aint that much of a hang up.

Upvote 0
I doubt we've seen pictures of this one thinking it's the N1. When has Verizon ever released any phone without that big, red (sometimes white) check mark on it front and back? It would be plainly visible in any photo.

Granted, the Eris dropped with very little signaling ahead of time. Maybe they'll do it again with this one.

Upvote 0
if this htc 'passion' or whatever comes out in mid january i will be happy. i just returned my eris because of what htc has planned, might get a droid if i dont hear nething w/in a certain amount of time. im just glad im not fighting a return date right now and still have my upgrade at any time. i would love to go and buy the droid tomarrow, but not with htc cookin up something this close.

even tho they are a taiwanese company they manufacture based in chicago in which i pass their building everyday, whenever i pass up their building i just want to work there because its a beauty, probably one of the best looking buildings this area. and today i see the employees playing on their full basketball court outside of the building, i just wanted to stop and say GIVE ME SOME PASSION GUYS :p

Upvote 0
if this htc 'passion' or whatever comes out in mid january i will be happy. i just returned my eris because of what htc has planned, might get a droid if i dont hear nething w/in a certain amount of time. im just glad im not fighting a return date right now and still have my upgrade at any time. i would love to go and buy the droid tomarrow, but not with htc cookin up something this close.

even tho they are a taiwanese company they manufacture based in chicago in which i pass their building everyday, whenever i pass up their building i just want to work there because its a beauty, probably one of the best looking buildings this area. and today i see the employees playing on their full basketball court outside of the building, i just wanted to stop and say GIVE ME SOME PASSION GUYS :p

did you have to pay a restocking fee?

Upvote 0
@grokr989 i was thinking almost the same thing but a little more devious like get in there game block a guy so he falls over take is security badge break into the building get the pics and post them sure you might go to jail for a bit for a b&e but its only a missdemeanor no hard time you would be out the same day most likely and everyone would be chanting kraze0g

Upvote 0
plan --
1.) tomarrow ill go early and hide in the bushes with my bball outfit on
2.) when someone misses midgame i run out for the rebound when they miss
3.) hold basketball hostage with a giant pickaxe threatening to pop it unless info is given about upcoming phones
4.) get info and throw ball into opposite yard
5.) run to my car and go to work.

ill bring all inside information with me back to the forum asap.

Upvote 0
anyone else dissapointed with the lack of news from verizon/htc surrounding anything new for verizon android phones ? I mean the big CES show is just around the corner and after reading feed after feed of 'new' info, there is NOTHING about verizon as a contender for anything bigger than the droid. every android result for the CES show surrounds the nexus one and how its a gsm phone and how its the future of android, NOT A SINGLE SENTENCE CONTAINING VERIZON, i been seeing t-mobile/sprint/etc but nothing besides the droid for verizon. even LG is up on the act and setting its course prior to the show for android. and critics are already saying about the nexus one that the model they've seen in person isn't that great? they are claiming the reign of android to begin at nexus two... kind of dissapointing, usually something so anticipated is given out before CES to 'set the stage' for the show as google has been doing with the nexus one (aka droid killer). i dont know but, as the days get closer to the 7th, im growing more and more reluctant to believe that another android phone to the calibur of the droid is coming this soon in Q1 (meaning in january). yes it will come, but is it too long to wait? November 09 saw an estimated 700-800k moto droid phones sold, with huge numbers racking in on christmas. will verizon take its android love-child and hold still for awhile after the nexus one? google has A LOT to owe to verizon for it is stated yesterday that google's android os has increased in its overall consumer knowledge by some 27%, all due to verizon's massive hype with the moto droid marketing.

all i hear in terms of news is big software updates for the verizon androids, nothing in terms of hardware which dissapoints me. im sure something will be released Q1, but will it not survive with so many owning the droid? i thought if verizon wanted to share the android service around it would have some info about another high end android phone out by now to allow consumers to realize that they aren't stuck with just the droid this new year (and to prevent a holiday return RUSH to return their android phones by the 13th, the holiday return deadline), yet droid remains in the top 4 phones (nokia being #1). also, with the eris following right behind the droid at #5 (these ratings are according to cnets article yesterday) getting the same ratings as the droid, will htc hold off on another phone until it gets the eris right with the 2.x update?

im about to give in to the droid if nothing appears by the 8th at high noon from verizon ;p seems like the nexus one is completely stealing the google android show with no mention of anything associated with verizon wireless.

sorry if theres a lack of coherency in what i just typed, its early in the morning and i just wanted to get a few words in concerning what ive been following.

and on a final note, i witnessed the 2.1 os running on the droid and boy, it does work flawlessly from what i saw (faster everything including web it seemed and this is a hacked version!). seamless would be a better word with its live backgrounds. its coming to the droid january 22nd i believe and it really makes me want to grab the droid now.

- source: c|net, mobile world

Upvote 0
If you have ever met anyone from Google, you would feel their derisive laughter dripping on you like a caustic goo when they read that you feel Google owes Verizon something. :( These guys wouldn't even give their moms cards in May let alone feeling anything like gratitude to another company.

I'd bet all of the donuts in the police station down the way that the folks at Google feel that Verizon owes them something for finally giving them a desirable phone interface. It seems that Google's desire for world domination has caused it to do things that we've been hoping for. (I am not trying to say that world domination is a bad thing, it's just that it would be better if I were the one doing it.)

Upvote 0
Okay, all this hype made me join the forum and join in. I almost committed to an Eris last night, but I can't get over the lack of screen real estate. I really want a high end android phone from HTC (or at least not Moto, had bad luck w/them in the past). I realllllyyyy want more info, please help!!! I need out of my BB Tour!!!!

Upvote 0
Okay, all this hype made me join the forum and join in. I almost committed to an Eris last night, but I can't get over the lack of screen real estate. I really want a high end android phone from HTC (or at least not Moto, had bad luck w/them in the past). I realllllyyyy want more info, please help!!! I need out of my BB Tour!!!!

dont get your hopes too high ;\

Upvote 0
I can't help but to be hopeful. Ever since the engadget post I've been lusting over the Bravo/Incredible (hopefully it's the Bravo, I like it better than the N1 look). I'm holding out for now as I really don't need a phone since I have my BB, but I really want the bigger screened HTC with OS 2.0 or above! Hopefully VZW will finally be good to me and put out hardware that can actually compete. If TMo or ATT had better coverage in my area I'd probably already be switched over. I'm crossing my fingers on this one though! :D

Upvote 0
im about to give in to the droid if nothing appears by the 8th at high noon from verizon ;p seems like the nexus one is completely stealing the google android show with no mention of anything associated with verizon wireless.

I would hold out until Monday Jan 11 if I were you (I plan on doing this) ...... CES is Jan 7-10.

I don't know the timing of press releases throughout the 4 days of CES, though I suspect that the Jan 5 announcement discussed earlier in this thread would be to get some of the first-day reporting buzz at CES. I would think its quite possible though that there could be significant announcements in the last 2 days, though maybe most everyone will try to get them out the first few days so people talk about it throughout the 4 days of CES in Vegas.

Is anyone familiar with how the announcements are spread out through the 4 days of a typical CES? Given all the interest/buzz in Android I would think anyone that is going to put out a phone in January, and maybe February, would want to announce it then .... get those on the verge of buying to wait "deer in the headlights" even for a February release; IMO, YMMV, and I am not a PR person (and don't even play one on TV). :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones