• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

any sandwich lovers here?

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    hey guys,
    so i love sandwiches. and i think my all time favorite is the pastrami sandwich. and boy have i found a place that makes the best pastrami ever!!!!

it is called Langer's Delicatessen-Restauranton the corner of 7th and Alvarado in Los Angeles.

langerxl.jpg

if you go there then i would recommend the #19. now the place is not cheap.....i mean the #19 is $15 bucks!!!!! but, it is so worth it.

the meat is so tender and just tasty. it is unlike any pastrimi i have ever tasted. and combo that with some really good coleslaw on a rye bread and you have a fantastic sandwich!!!!!

just curious what sandwiches y'all like and/or if you have a special place to get them.......now i'm not talking about Subways or Quiznos.....lol

X : just curious, ( & probably a dumb question ) but do you guys call your sandwiches, burgers in the UK ? Here in the US that pic ( chicken sandwich ) would be called just that, a chicken sandwich.

Na, thats a burger, I just used it as reference for how wide a mouth can/should/could open kinda thing. Sandwiches are sandwiches, subs are subs, burgers are burgers, bagles are bagles, so I think we are on the same page as far as that lot goes on both sides of the pond. Although, I believe sometimes subs are referred to as sandwiches over there? Oh, and rolls are rolls too. :)

Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    Na, thats a burger, I just used it as reference for how wide a mouth can/should/could open kinda thing. Sandwiches are sandwiches, subs are subs, burgers are burgers, bagles are bagles, so I think we are on the same page as far as that lot goes on both sides of the pond. Although, I believe sometimes subs are referred to as sandwiches over there? Oh, and rolls are rolls too. :)

Thanks smarty pants :p

Now back to what this stuff you call "mash" is ;)

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    Tounge can be nice, on occasion.
    I used to work with this one guy and he would pickle everything. He used to bring some pickled Tongue to work and let us try it out. I used to pretty much try everything, at least once. It wasn't too bad with crackers.

ocnbrze, it can be chewy if it's not cooked very crispy. It has to be crispy and crunchy.

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    Mash, well now, assuming your not referring to the TV comedy...
    Mash is used to describe pretty much any mashed root vegetable but most commonly mashed potatoes. Need I say more?

Bangers and mash. Had em in London, they were almost the same as back home, but not quite. The spices in the sausage were different, and in a very good way. :)

I washed mine down with some really bitter beer, then boarded a plane for Munich Germany. :D

Reactions: XplosiV and ocnbrze
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones