• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help anyone else hear a humming noise when on a call?

yeah, thats the sound! I see im not the only one. Im exchanging my phone today at the verizon corp store. Some idiot cust serv rep told me on the phone last night that theres a $35 restick fee. Hung u and called back and got through to a rep that knew what they were talking about. Theres no fee if your exchanging for the same phone within your 14 days.

Upvote 0
Mine is bad over the Bluetooth for calls. Both the earpiece and speakerphone are fine.

Music over Bluetooth is flawless.

I would imagine that this can be fixed easily. My Thunderbolt had some quality issues on some songs which were fixed with different roms/kernels.

Yes, all streaming audio or downloaded music/podcasts are clear. No distortion behind it like the calls. Although I've just determined that putting the bluetooth volume halfway down, and the car audio slightly higher reduces the noise on calls.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones