1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

anyone else hear a humming noise when on a call?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BubbaNexus, Dec 19, 2011.

1. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

:eek:

Should i exchange within my 14 days?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BubbaNexus

i just noticed i can hear it through my bluetooth headset too....guess its not the phone speaker.

3. BubbaNexus

4. sperho

sperho Android Enthusiast

No hum here.

5. no hum here either, but g'luck.

are you sure you don't have "i melt with you" by modern english playing in the backgroud? ;)

6. BubbaNexus

lol thanks. yeah i'm gonna exchange it tomorrow. i'm still within the 14days, but i think it might be 30days now because of the holidays.

7. charltonjames

charltonjames Newbie

Yes! I hear like an old modem sound, like i can hear the data transfer. Do we believe this to be isolated to a small number of handsets or a problem for all?

8. BubbaNexus

yeah, thats the sound! I see im not the only one. Im exchanging my phone today at the verizon corp store. Some idiot cust serv rep told me on the phone last night that theres a $35 restick fee. Hung u and called back and got through to a rep that knew what they were talking about. Theres no fee if your exchanging for the same phone within your 14 days.

9. triplejnj

triplejnj Newbie

I heard the hum in my car speakers through the bluetooth and thought it was just a bad connection. Then I heard the same hum on a different call. Haven't payed attention when using the handset, but will probably be looking for it now...

10. zoukis05

zoukis05 Member

Yeah, I get a slight humming sound over bluetooth in my car. However, the handset and the speaker on the handset are crystal clear. Contemplating swapping out. It's really not bad enough that it is bothersome, but it's noticible when the other person is quiet.

11. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

Yes, i commented about poor call quality when I first got my phone but no one else said anything. I wonder if it's just a select few handsets.

12. joder

joder Newbie

Mine is bad over the Bluetooth for calls. Both the earpiece and speakerphone are fine.

Music over Bluetooth is flawless.

I would imagine that this can be fixed easily. My Thunderbolt had some quality issues on some songs which were fixed with different roms/kernels.

13. zoukis05

zoukis05 Member

Yes, all streaming audio or downloaded music/podcasts are clear. No distortion behind it like the calls. Although I've just determined that putting the bluetooth volume halfway down, and the car audio slightly higher reduces the noise on calls.

14. BubbaNexus

well just exchanged the GN at the verizon store. made only a couple calls by phone and bluetooth headset, so far no hum.....

15. joder

joder Newbie

I might give a custom rom a quick try just to test out the BT to see if it is indeed just a software issue. There is still time to swap if need be. Also going to try out the half volume solution. I would hate to swap and have a phone with other issues.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews