• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone in Los Angeles? - June 4th

so let's see.... got a phone call around 10am from my BB telling me not to come rushing in at 10:30 because they can't get anyone activated... *joy*

soooo I stay at work and leave at 10:30.. get there and my guy was there that I have been talking to the whole time I preordered.. he smiled and said "thought you were coming at 9" - i said "you told me not to! lol" we laughed.. and he sat me down..

I told him I already knew of the system issues and to just keep trying to get it activated.. I would wait.. well the system wouldn't go anywhere.. and when they tried to call Sprint - it would hang up on them. Finally he got a person on the line and god bless her (she was just a normal account services person) she got it done! He filled out all my stuff manually.. well she did her thing in the system... the phone wouldn't activate (REALLY!!! gotta be kidding) so then they had to do a manual activation.. got that done.. still wouldn't hit the network..

I finally left with the phone and told him I would keep trying to sync it up to the network.. after an hour of doing that.. it finally synced..

Total time 2.5 hours from start to finish.... left best buy at noon - everything synced around 1.. WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!!! I am in love with this damn phone.. first time EVA! :)

Upvote 0
4G is completely live in Hollywood, guys! OMG, I'm impressed. As we've all read and seen on videos, 4G has better signal outside in the open than inside (I got full signal outside / half signal inside). Regardless, had to share for anybody that is in the area or visits the area. My office is right near LACMA and Peterson Automotive Museum, so I guess it makes sense that there's such a strong signal.

As for the phone, overall, I'm not "jumping for joy" like some others are, but I still like the phone. I'm still not "in love" with the full touchscreen. Can't type anywhere near as fast or good as I did on my Touch Pro (w/ physical keyboard, it's no contest. On screen, I actually did better with my Touch Pro). I'm figuring that just takes getting used to. Love Sense UI compared to TouchFlo 3D. Still getting used to Android, but I'm sure that'll come with time.

Overall, I give the phone a thumbs up, but I'm still kinda in a "wait and see" mode.

Upvote 0
I arrived at 6:45am at the West Hollywood store and was #2 in line. It took me about 45 minutes to activate my phone. All the servers were locked up pretty tight. That particular Sprint store is fantastic. While there they mentioned that the Evo had sold out in nearly every store so far, but they had about 250 on hand when they opened and that was the most in the country.

Great phone. I'm very happy with it.

Upvote 0
I arrived at 6:45am at the West Hollywood store and was #2 in line. It took me about 45 minutes to activate my phone. All the servers were locked up pretty tight. That particular Sprint store is fantastic. While there they mentioned that the Evo had sold out in nearly every store so far, but they had about 250 on hand when they opened and that was the most in the country.

Great phone. I'm very happy with it.

Which guy were you? The one in the middle or the right?...hahahaha. I was there around 7:15/7:30 for my appointment and didn't see anybody else around until closer to 8am. I was hoping to get out of there in 30 min. max, but Sprint messed up my schedule and was almost late for my meeting at work!

The BB mobile peeps were cool though, despite Sprint's shortcomings with the phone. It's just too bad I couldn't exchange the free bluetooth for a different accessory. Oh well. I'll just sell it on ebay or something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones