• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone into Hot Sauce

Ugh, those reserve sauces shouldn't even count as sauce lol. Too hot for anyone to handle unless a toothpic full is mixed in w/ a vat of other sauce, chili, etc.

And, Sriracha is amazing. I think it has the best consistency of any sauce I've tried. It seems to cling to food & not drip at all. And it's perfect w/ everything. I love it w/ pizza & ramen.

What I like about them is you can get a decent Salsa that has good flavor but no real heat at the store, add a few drops & now you've got booth good flavor & some nice heat.

Upvote 0
What I like about them is you can get a decent Salsa that has good flavor but no real heat at the store, add a few drops & now you've got booth good flavor & some nice heat.

True, but it would be sooo easy to overdo it w/ something that's hot. I once worked on a beer cheese soup from scratch, & totally ruined it by adding a bit too much Dave's Insanity Sauce :(.

Upvote 0
On almost everything - Tapatio
For Soups (especially chowders) - Tobasco (original)
Favorite Wings - Blazin from Buffalo Wild Wings (though I usually get strips instead of wings)
Favorite Fresh Pepper (usually on the grill) - Habanero...A little goes a long way. When making asada, I grill a few, chop them fine and people add them to their asada.
Favorite ground pepper - Tie - Chili powder sent from my relatives in New Mexico (for Mexican food) or Cayenne for cooking Indian and Louisiana type foods....

Sorry OP, that was a lot more info than asked for :D

Upvote 0
My friend and I made a curry with 4 scotch bonnets and a naga chilli. Bonnets are like the 4th or 5th hottest, and the naga is the hottest in the world by twice the intensity of the 2nd hottest. We kept the seeds in, too.

Needless to say, I felt like I was about to die. I could actually feel my body rejecting it. The battle of middle earth was happening in my stomach. I had to take several hours of not moving very much before I felt sufficiently recovered.

I got some of the naga's juice on my hand, in and around my left thumb nail. If I pressed my tongue to my nail I could still feel it burning for literally a month afterwards.

Apart from that, I generally have a pretty high tolerance for chilli.

Upvote 0
Man, I was hoping this was like a hot sauce museum or something!

Can you imagine that?!? Each "station" having a sample.... Yumm, I'd buy a season pass for sure! :D

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. Every year in March there's a Firey Foods Show in Albequerque, NM. Basically, hot sauce vendors have booths & you can sample all their sauces. Of course they have them to purchase, as well. I've JUST discovered Defcon sauces, & will never use another wing sauce at home. It's fabulous. Anyway, the Defcon creator holds "deathmatch" wing-eating competitions with his hottest sauce. You can check those out on YouTube. I think you can just search defcon deathmatch. My goal is to make it to one of those Firey Food shows soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones