• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone keeping moment over evo?

This is comedy. Anyone who says they are is simply too broke to afford one, have never touched one, doesn't have and/or cannot have Sprint, or just pure flst-out liars. Its like saying I will keep my Blackberry because it's better than the iphone. Really, that's about the difference and comparison. If my wife, who has owned her Samsung Moment and likes it, wants an EVO badly, and she texts much (she's a girl), then what does that say? Im calling BS on whoever agrees with keeping.

Upvote 0
This is comedy. Anyone who says they are is simply too broke to afford one, have never touched one, doesn't have and/or cannot have Sprint, or just pure flst-out liars. Its like saying I will keep my Blackberry because it's better than the iphone. Really, that's about the difference and comparison. If my wife, who has owned her Samsung Moment and likes it, wants an EVO badly, and she texts much (she's a girl), then what does that say? Im calling BS on whoever agrees with keeping.

Everyones situation is different. If your wife wants one and is able to get one then kudos to her. But do not assume that everyone is a liar. :rolleyes:

P.S. Congrats on your wife being a girl. i would have never figured that one out :p

Upvote 0

My wife (who is a WOMAN) touched the Evo and >doesn't< want one because she feels it's too big. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to know that according to you, she's a "pure fist-out liar" (is that anything like a flat out liar?). I'm not a fan of soft keyboards and I don't think the Evo brings enough to the game for me to do a upgrade after only 6 months. Perhaps if I had less BS lying around, I would feel different? We live in a card board box and eat cat food so we could probably afford to pay the full boat for a new phone. Since we both upgraded last October/November, that would be a stupid waste of money and take away from our time collecting bottles and cans for the refund. Also, there are a ton of people out there that wouldn't trade their Blackberry for anything. Very educated successful people. I think that says more about you than it does them.

And now with my self amusement accomplished, I will get off this bridge.

Upvote 0
I'm keeping my Moment because it does what I need for now. My eligibility for a new phone won't be available for about 18 months so I'll wait. I don't need to throw money at the latest and greatest thing just to have it. Not trying to knock you're evo purchase, just doesn't make financial sense for me at this time. If I wait I'm likely to spend less money and have something newer and better than the evo. That's just the rate at which technology rolls out.

Upvote 0
while the Evo looks awesome, I think I'm going to wait until I see the specs of the Samsung Intercept (Moment 2). I'm really hoping that phone comes with the 1Ghz Hummingbird chip. If they'll give us a boost in RAM, then I'll just upgrade to that. I don't have 4G here in Nashville, so I don't want to pay that 4G tax. The Moment suits my needs just fine, and the Intercept will probably do the same.

Reactions: pahick and Bella99
Upvote 0
I'm holding on to my Moment for now. There is no 4G coverage here in DC and my 3G access is somewhat spotty. I see no reason to upgrade to and pay more for a 4G phone I can't take full advantage of. Plus I'll give them some time to work all the kinks out of the EVO. I might even consider the Moment 2 in the meantime. That is IF they've resolved the CDMA lockup and airplane mode issues. I'm good. You guys go play...

Upvote 0

Wow, your quite something aren't you?

We just got our Moment's about 2-3 months ago and I paid full price for min phone and not available for an upgrade for a while. My wife used her upgrade to get her Moment.

I'm so sorry I don't make big bucks like you and can afford to spend a lot of money every time a new phone comes out.

Reactions: AndroidSPCS
Upvote 0
Who is this person??? I didn't see this lasnite because we posted around the same time...

Are u serious? there are people who for 1 hav no 4g coverage so what point is there to get it; there are people who love & feel the need for a physical keyboard period; there are people on this board who make 6 figures & som 5 good figures so wth is a few hundred bucks for a phone; do u not realize the Moment was the same price when it came out?

I myself fit in all the above so I don't appreciate the comments or being referred to as a liar so thise types of stereotypes should be kept to urself & not on this board :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Upvote 0
2.5 ROM loaded this mornigna nd so far it is pretty nice. This guy works hard to update every few days to and it gets better everytime. Worth and shot. I will be getting the EVO when I can upgrade but will still have the moment for a back up. My only hope is they get a Pro version of the EVO to include a keyboard. That makes some stuff so much easier.

Reactions: Bella99
Upvote 0
Do you remember the good ole days when one could assume that someone's wife was female! :eek::D

And we used honest to goodness pay phones when we walked uphill to and from school hacking at the jungle with machetes sharpened with our own teeth. It was all that we knew and we liked it.

:eek:

Upvote 0
Here's the thing. I LOVE my Moment. I love the qwerty slide out on it. I have nails so long I cannot use a touchscreen keyboard without hitting wrong letters over and over. I don't care how much "better" the EVO is from my Moment. If it takes me 15 minutes to type one text message on a touchscreen it is NOT WORTH IT to me :)
If they come out with one that has a slider keyboard on it I am in like Flynn!

Upvote 0
Android has changed my life for the better. Moment lets me do all the important things I need to do. I've played with the Evo in the Sprint store, and it's really nice.

However, it's not such a quantum jump over my Moment, in the online capabilities that I really care about, that it makes me immediately want to jump to the Evo.

If I had a dumb phone, or non-Android phone, I'd jump to the Evo in a heartbeat. But since my Moment gives me all of the essential Android capabilities, there is much less urgency to move up right now.

I'm looking forward to the latter part of this year, when I'm eligible for the upgrade discount, to see what Android phones (including the Evo) will catch my eye.

Reactions: ShepsCrook
Upvote 0
Right now I have no contract, live in Chicago (4G network) and am holding out to see the Intercept (Moment 2). Between work and home, I'm surrounded by technology, so I'm not necessarily in need of 4G right now. I like the physical keyboard, but will test out the Evo and Moment 2 in July when it's released. I own a Samsung Instinct right now, and as far as the hardware of a Samsung product, it's pretty nice, but I am done w/ this OS. As long as I can get Android 2.1 w/ the 2.2 upgrade this Summer, I'll be happy either way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones