• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root AOSP ROM problem

lambo172

Jul 22, 2010
While using any AOSP ROM, I can't hear out of my right headphone. But, while on BAMF Forever 1.0.6., I can hear perfectly out of both of my headphones. I really want to use a bone stock gingerbread ROM, but this is keeping me from doing so. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong? And, yes, I'm wiping. I have tried using my headphones immediately after flashing, so no apps are getting in the way from my Titanium Backup.

While using any AOSP ROM, I can't hear out of my right headphone. But, while on BAMF Forever 1.0.6., I can hear perfectly out of both of my headphones. I really want to use a bone stock gingerbread ROM, but this is keeping me from doing so. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong? And, yes, I'm wiping. I have tried using my headphones immediately after flashing, so no apps are getting in the way from my Titanium Backup.

Try switching kernels if you have not. If you used something in the Imo family, try using Tiamat or vice versa. Audio is more kernel related than ROM related.

Upvote 0
Both of those are OMG based roms. I have issues with them on my phone whenever I try to run them. I would suggest wiping fully (factory reset in recovery, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache (in advanced), and format /system (under mounts and storage)) then reflash or flash an AOSP rom based on CM or CM itself. Really if you want a pure AOSP like experience then you just need to run the GB launcher with you can get from the market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones