• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[APP][4.0+] Cell Phone Radiation Protection

erda0

Oct 4, 2012
Hi friends,

We just finished to built my new app. The app notify when she detect high values of radiation or\and magnetic field around you. you can choose when to get notifications: incoming calls, outgoing calls or even during calls (pro version- 2$ one-time fee). you can also check the values manually.
This is almost my first app so please do not give me a low rating, if you have some bad reviews please write them here. 5 stars is always welcome.

LINK: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.magna.erdafree

Thank you!

Last edited:
New Version!

- New Feature!
Smart Data- Magna will detect if the phone close to ear during the call and will turn off mobile data and/or Wi-Fi!

- New UI- add help button for every check box.

- bugs fixes- the app keep alert even when speaker is active- No more! we fixed that =)

Upvote 0
EarlyMon- take a look here:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110531133115.htm

And here

http://m.cancer.gov/topics/factsheets/cell-phones-fact-sheet

El Presidente- the app calculate the signal values depend on your distance from cell towers. you will get alerts if you make a call and the values are high for some reason (distance from cell tower/low signal from cell tower/high value of magnetic field) It's also using magnetic field sensor.

For "smart data" feature the app using the proximity sesnor To detect if the phone close to the ear.

Upvote 0
Your link quotes an article describing a WHO report. That report actually makes a precautionary classification of radiofrequency radiation as a possible carcinogen, on the grounds that the evidence isn't strong enough to empirically exclude the possibility, nor exclude the possibility of longer-term effects. That is not the same as concluding that there is a risk, and the report was completely clear that there is no credible evidence of any link.
Epidemiological research examining potential long-term risks from radiofrequency exposure has mostly looked for an association between brain tumours and mobile phone use. However, because many cancers are not detectable until many years after the interactions that led to the tumour, and since mobile phones were not widely used until the early 1990s, epidemiological studies at present can only assess those cancers that become evident within shorter time periods. However, results of animal studies consistently show no increased cancer risk for long-term exposure to radiofrequency fields.
The bit that the tinfoil hatters (literally!) will point to is the first half of the second sentence of this paragraph:
The international pooled analysis of data gathered from 13 participating countries found no increased risk of glioma or meningioma with mobile phone use of more than 10 years. There are some indications of an increased risk of glioma for those who reported the highest 10% of cumulative hours of cell phone use, although there was no consistent trend of increasing risk with greater duration of use. The researchers concluded that biases and errors limit the strength of these conclusions and prevent a causal interpretation.
However, note the first sentence, and also the qualifier "some". And the second half of that sentence is significant: if RF exposure was a causal factor, as opposed for other environmental and lifestyle factors, you would expect a correlation between total exposure and risk, and this is not found. As someone who understands statistics (professionally), and who has a medical statistician in the family, I can assure you that you need to be very careful about drawing an inference from a small excess seen in one subgroup of a population.

Hence the WHO's classification should not be read as an indication that there is an identified danger. Instead it is purely a statement that they have not got conclusive proof that there is no risk, and so they are covering themselves by not making a stronger statement than they can be absolutely certain of.

It's worth noting that there is also no proposed mechanism for RF fields to cause cell damage other than by direct heating, which is why you have SAR limits which are set well below the level at which significant tissue heating could occur.

Upvote 0
Ok.
I understand. Thank you for the detailed answer.
As we know the distance from cell tower affecting of how much radiation your cell phone emit.
There is apparently diverging opinions on this subject and we are doing our best to help users who concerned from that.
Thank you again for the quick and detailed information.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's actually no connection between gamma radiation (which that device claims to detect) and microware radiation emitted by cellphones.

But let's be honest, unless you are working with ionising radiation you have no need of such a device. And if you are, you won't be using something like that (I am speaking as someone who does work with ionising radiation by the way). And I'm ultra sceptical of a company that is trying to market such devices to the general public: the only people who will buy them are "preppers" and people who don't understand radiation hazards but are afraid of them. Preppers are on their own: it's their hobby, they can waste their money on whatever they want. But in my professional opinion selling personal ionising radiation monitors to the general public is preying on anxieties just as much as any "cellphone radiation protection" snake oil.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones