1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root App Inventor and Root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wyzird, Oct 1, 2010.

1. wyzird

wyzird Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Auto Repair Office Manager, Retail Shop Owner, Wed
    Ohio
    Is there any reason you should not use app inventor with a rooted phone? (eris)

Advertisement

2. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Nope, have at it. :)

wyzird likes this.
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    I can't think of any...it should work just fine. I used it on my Droid X (unrooted at the time and had no troubles).

I finally got my App Inventor invite about a month ago and spent a day or two playing with it. Its kind of neat for playing with, basic prototyping, and experimenting with your phone. But I was disappointed that the project it builds is not Java-based (I can understand why, but I really wanted to use the Inventor to help show me how to code stuff for real in Java).

Anyway, once I realized this, it kind of spurred me on to buckle-down and install Eclipse and start developing apps "the hard way" :p.

Cheers!

P.S. App Inventor does install an app on your phone that "talks" to the PC-side to help prototype things while you develop. Pretty cool, but you might forget that its there when/if you ever decide to discontinue using AI.

wyzird likes this.
  4. wyzird

wyzird Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Auto Repair Office Manager, Retail Shop Owner, Wed
    Ohio
    Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to playing around with this. I rooted my phone and have no problems and I just wanted to keep it that way:)

5. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Mississippi
    I wish I would get an invite to app inventor so I could try it out. Google must not love me :(