• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[App] M3D Benchmark [last version: v1.15]

sadegh1993

Lurker
Dec 1, 2011
(M3D Benchmark)

Hello

I want to show you a new Benchmark app which you can almost understand how much is your android device power to handle 3d games and apps.
This Benchmark is created with Unity 3d game engine (game engine of Shadowgun) and it is based on OpenGL ES 2.0 with This API (OpenGL ES 2.0) your device can handle Advanced rendering techniques like rendering bump maps.The Cost of M3D Benchmark is 0.00$ or in other words it's Free.

Maybe you want to say this benchmark is heavy ! it might be true ! but you should know in this benchmark there are lots of trees and flowers Also there are particle systems such as rain, and there are bump maps and etc.

Most contents of this benchmark is from unity3d BootCamp Demo in another word it’s almost a MOD.

Now I want from you to help me to create it better and I want from you submit your result (AVERAGE FPS) via posting your replies (please write your device model, your Rom version also it is better you upload a screenshot from your result).
M3D Benchmark is Developed by knight93.

Some notes:
1-the name of Benchmark is changed to M3D Benchmark.
2-You need Froyo 2.0.1 and an OpenGL ES 2.0 supported device at minimum.
3-Because of 3DM-Benchmark.apk file size (About 30MB) installation may take up to 2 minutes.
4-If you can’t install the App please check up install from unknown sources permission.
5-Screen shot of splash image is simulated in pc.
6-it's better you don't allow to your device became lock (for example tap your screen)also you can increase your device display time out instead of touching display.
7-v1.00 is deleted because of it's problem,(v1.10 is available).

Thank you
I wait for your comments.

Some screenshots(v1.00):

Download link(v1.10):

M3D-Benchmark(v1.10).apk

hello

new version of Benchmark is available (v1.10) you can Download it.

List of changes (it isn’t complete list):

1-name of Benchmark is changed to M3D Benchmark.
2-grasses and flowers and some of trees textures are more optimized, also there are many changes in terrain settings.
3-info and credits and exit buttons are added.
4- Anisotropic Textures (Forced On) is disabled.
5-Splash image and icon is updated (Splash image is probably that thing you see on your device).

Notes:

1-the first post of topic is updated.
2-v1.00 will be delete because of it’s problems.
3-it’s better you increase your device display time out instead of touching display.

I will wait for your replies (please write your device model, your Rom version also it is better you upload a screenshot from your result).
I will upload M3D-Benchmark(v1.10 )to another host.
Thank you

download link:

http://filesave.me/file/12669/M3D-Benchmark-v1-10--apk.html

Upvote 0
Hello

Please apologize me for delaying.

New version of M3D Benchmark is available (v1.15)

Changes (Not complete list) :

1-pink or purple trees problem in Tegra2 devices is solved.

2-there is a separate version for Tegra2 and PowerVR and Adreno chipsets.

Important reason of why I publish separate version for that chips is that I want to understand how is the AVERAGE FPS changed when compared to last version?

Notes :

1-if your device have on of Tegra2 and PowerVR and Adreno chipsets please download your special version otherwise if your device have another chipset such as Mali 400 MP please download Generic version.

2-please write version of M3D Benchmark which you have run.

I will wait for your replies.

Thank you

Download links:

Generic version: M3D-Benchmark(v1.15-Generic).apk

Tegra2 version: M3D-Benchmark(v1.15-Tegra2).apk

PowerVR version: M3D-Benchmark(v1.15-PowerVR).apk

Adreno version: M3D-Benchmark(v1.15-Snapdragon).apk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones