• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App/Widget Icon

oufc1976

Lurker
Jul 9, 2012
Hey there. Newbie to Android phones but am totally blown away by the Galaxy S3 so far.

I've got my head round a lot of the config and functionality and have been using Desktop Visualiser to modify the way some of my apps appear.

And this has just gone to highlight a little bug-bear of mine, in that I can't seem to do anything with the main App/Widget icon on the main bar, bottom right.

It's fixed solid and I can't find any means of moving it, or at least removing the "Apps" label. This is starting to grind me a bit considering everything else seems totally flexible.

Anybody got any tips/advice on how to go about this, or any apps that I can use?

I've tried Go Launcher Ex but I didn't like it, so preferably solutions outside of that using the standard launcher if possible.

Thanks very much

"And this has just gone to highlight a little bug-bear of mine, in that I can't seem to do anything with the main App/Widget icon on the main bar, bottom right."

Perhaps, a more thorough explanation of what you're saying would help. I can't see your phone so being a bit more specific about your app/widget would greatly help. If you're just trying to remove it, have you tried holding the app for five seconds and sending it to the trash can?

Upvote 0
You mean the App drawer Icon (the grid of squares)?

No, it seems that it cannot be moved. Probably out of fear that people would accidentally remove it from the bar and then not be able to launch their app drawers again. It happens on 3rd party launchers that allow the app drawer to be moved. People think it's a bug and uninstall the 3rd party launcher. Samsung probably wanted to avoid that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones