• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps icons doesn't appear in the file explorer in android 9

mm201545mm

Apr 22, 2019
Greetings to you all .I've got in the file explorer ( my files) an apk file. The previous version of Android is supposed to show the app icon or the game next to the application name but in Android 9 only a green space appears. Do you have this?
Is it possible to show icons in Android 9 like previous versions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190421-200146_My Files.jpg
    Screenshot_20190421-200146_My Files.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 341
What phone do you have and what file explorer are you using? (I'm guessing it's your built in one, which is why it matters what phone you have).

I can confirm that X-plore, Solid Explorer and Root Explorer all show the icons on Android 9 (Pixel 2). So it's not that this doesn't work in Android 9, but probably a limitation of your particular app.

Upvote 0
What phone do you have and what file explorer are you using? (I'm guessing it's your built in one, which is why it matters what phone you have).

I can confirm that X-plore, Solid Explorer and Root Explorer all show the icons on Android 9 (Pixel 2). So it's not that this doesn't work in Android 9, but probably a limitation of your particular app.

My phone 📱 is galaxy A50 and my explorer is My files (samsung explorer). Do you recommend me to try another explorer , which one? Thank you very much for helping me my dear.

Upvote 0
I'd certainly try a different one if this bothers you (and if there is no setting in the current one to change this). Which is a matter of taste, though I personally have privacy concerns about ES File Explorer so would avoid that (and any app by Cheetah Mobile should be avoided). The three I named are fine (there's a non-root version of Root Explorer just called Explorer by the same developer).

Upvote 0
I'd certainly try a different one if this bothers you (and if there is no setting in the current one to change this). Which is a matter of taste, though I personally have privacy concerns about ES File Explorer so would avoid that (and any app by Cheetah Mobile should be avoided). The three I named are fine (there's a non-root version of Root Explorer just called Explorer by the same developer).

My dear a lot of thanks. It is fixed by installing root explorer. Best wishes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones