• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps with high battery usage

G671

Mar 25, 2011
Just went through my app manager to look at every app. Things like "Samsung Gear VR Service".. "Knox", and "Help", all show 29% battery usage since last charge. None can be disabled, however. I don't use them, as far as I know. Anything I can do about this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160401-001526.png
    Screenshot_20160401-001526.png
    484.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20160401-001518.png
    Screenshot_20160401-001518.png
    598.6 KB · Views: 58
Both of them are same technology, work without Root
But "App Package Disabler (Samsung)" is good design and very easy to use
Try to install this, you will see the different ;)
Doesn't look any easier or more difficult to use,from the examples given.
If your app has any extras that Package Disabler Pro lacks,I'd be glad to give it a shot.
Otherwise,I've already purchased Package Disabler Pro (last year) ........................

Reactions: tube517 and ironass
Upvote 0
Doesn't look any easier or more difficult to use,from the examples given.
If your app has any extras that Package Disabler Pro lacks,I'd be glad to give it a shot.
Otherwise,I've already purchased Package Disabler Pro (last year) ........................

And the, ".........................", did read, "and if I'm too tight fisted to buy ironass a drink, I'm certainly not buying another app!"

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Both of them are same technology, work without Root
But "App Package Disabler (Samsung)" is good design and very easy to use
Try to install this, you will see the different ;)
I've tried both and, much to my surprise, the one you recommend didn't work on my S7 Edge; instead, package disabler pro works like a charm. I find that kind of weird given the fact that, supposedly, your suggestion is specifically designed for Sammy phones...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones