• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you a Mac or PC?

PC (XP for now) at work.
mac, PC and Linux at home (one each on 3 separate rigs). I'm going to be adding a second linux rig to run dual with the PC machine sometime soon.

I use Windows because I have to and because some things I need just won't run with anything else.

I love the mac for media applications (thought that could be because the machine is a monster from a hardware POV) and for it's super clean packaging. It's programs are very well done, but the OS is not necessarily flexible.

Linux is my favorite of them all. I run Linux Mint 9 on my netbook but have played with most of the major distros. I love it because you get most the positive features of both windows and mac, with very few of the downsides of either. That plus even with it's super rock solid capability, Linux has much more Eye candy than any of the commercial OSs.

Upvote 0
PC. I'm running an Intel Core i5 750 @ 3.8GHz, 4GB DDR 1600MHz, and a Radeon HD 5770. My main use is gaming (mostly MMOs).

I don't dislike Apple products as much as I dislike Steve Jobs himself. Most of the products are pretty good, but Jobs' (and, in turn, the company's) "better than you" attitude just rubs me the wrong way.

Upvote 0
I don't dislike Apple products as much as I dislike Steve Jobs himself. Most of the products are pretty good, but Jobs' (and, in turn, the company's) "better than you" attitude just rubs me the wrong way.

I would have to agree with you. There has been several times I have thought of buying an iPod, was even thinking about an iPhone for a little bit but I just can't break down and buy an Apple product.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones